Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Cloud Drive - cloud storage service

Offline toppot

• +0/-0
Cloud Drive - cloud storage service
« on: March 12, 2013, 03:43:07 PM »
Has anybody implemented this rather cool iSCSI cloud connector in SME8? I can act as a buffer between large and safe (both slow) cloud storage, thus transparently speed everything up quite a bit compared to pure cloud drives.

I imagine that if the local cache is comparable in size to the cloud drive space, then it will actually be everything as fast as local storage, but at the same time offering syncing, safety and remote access from cloud storage... It there other very good and transparent alternatives for this??

(I am aware of private clouds - also on SME8 - but they don't have the backup offered by this solution) - (Also aware of pure cloud drives, but they are slow).

The install instructions is for CentOS 6 - dependencies is "mono-addon" and iSCSI-initiator-utils...

Any thoughts? An alternatives could be to use the VMWare image provided (already have VMWare server running), and run this as a separate server, thus providing a share that the main SME server can utilize... But it seems to be silly, if all that is needed is these small utils..

BR,

Offline purvis

• +0/-0
Re: Cloud Drive - cloud storage service
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 05:49:58 PM »
What cool iSCSI cloud connector ?
I am dumb. So please treat me as such.

Offline toppot

• +0/-0
Re: Cloud Drive - cloud storage service
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 06:52:21 PM »
What cool iSCSI cloud connector ?