Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Restoring Backups for D.R.

Offline fred2k3

• +0/-0
Restoring Backups for D.R.
« on: April 02, 2013, 12:46:14 PM »
SAIL 3.1.1-22 - I'm looking at the Backup page and wondering how to save the backups externally to be able to restore in a disaster recovery situation. I've found a file called "backups" in /home/e-smith/db - If I grab this, and then upload to the same location on a fresh install will it recover all my extensions/trunks/global settings etc?

Offline del

• +0/-0
Re: Restoring Backups for D.R.
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 06:43:08 PM »
I'm not sure if what you are asking is correct but I usually backup /opt/sark/db/sark.db manually after every change I make, new extension or trunk etc. If you then reinstall SME and SAIL you can copy this to the same location and your extensions etc. will be there. Only problem I've had is the permissions need changing if you use WinSCP to copy it across, you can use the chown command to do this.
I hope this helps.

Regards,
Del
If at first you don't succeed, then sky-diving is not for you!
"Life is like a coin. You can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once." --Author Unknown

Offline fred2k3

• +0/-0
Re: Restoring Backups for D.R.
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 12:39:43 PM »
Thanks for the advice - I've not had a suitable opportunity to try it yet but it sounds like what I need. I take it this basically just contains all the relevant .conf files.