Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

DB Issue on 7.6

Offline trystnw

• +0/-0
DB Issue on 7.6
« on: December 06, 2012, 08:34:17 AM »
Hi
One of my servers seems to have encountered some sort of Config DB issue. First off , the network does not work. However a system network restart brings up eth0 . No commands work. If I type console , it says - Cant call method "get_prop" on an undefined value at /sbin/e-smith/console line 33 (which is a DB property according to that particular line in the /sbin/e-smith/console file

If i try and run some contrib (such as affa ) I get the following error  couldnt open config db at /sbin/e-smith/affa line 143 (which is again trying to open the esmith::config  db)

finally, when i run a yum update , i see only one package that needs to be updated (the e-smith-base) This downloads file but then throws a series of errors saying that it is unable to migrate various databases (db mail patterns, hosts, domains ) all with the same cant call method "get all" from /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/esmith/templates file line 820

Can someone help ?

Thanks

Offline Stefano

• +2/-0
Re: DB Issue on 7.6
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 09:29:24 AM »
did you make some update/upgrade recently?

did you install anything recently?

could you please tell us something more about server's history?

Offline mmccarn

• +10/-0
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 01:19:21 PM »
Code: [Select]
/sbin/e-smith/audittools/newrpms

Chances are you've upgraded perl, php, or some other core component on the server from a 3rd party repo.

Offline trystnw

• +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 01:35:47 PM »
Hi

No. I havent made any changes and installed any new contribs. I had upgraded the php version to 5 for wordpress I believe sometime back. But the server had worked without a problem after that. I dont have access to the server currently, will post the output of sbin/e-smith/audittools/newrpms shortly

Thanks

Offline CharlieBrady

• +3/-0
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 09:27:13 PM »
The symptoms indicate that you have files missing in /home/e-smith/db. That can happen with a faulty hard drive, a corrupted file system, or a person or a program doing something stupid and deleting the files. In all of these cases it is a high probability that your best way to recover will be to restore from backup.