Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Added 2nd hard drive, all working but reporting wrong size - help please!

Offline pcrescue

• +0/-0
Hi, first post here as I usually find all my answers by searching, but not this time!
I have successfully added a second hard drive to my server (latest build, all updated) which had a single non-raid 1TB SATA at sda. I have added a new 2TB SATA at sdb, mounted at /mnt/backups.

Following the contribs howto on adding another disk http://wiki.contribs.org/AddExtraHardDisk, I followed the instructions and all was good up until the mapping part. I originally tried alternative 3 and added a symlink for my new iBay.
This worked great, but when I looked at the size of the drive available in Windows, it showed the total available as if I had just the 1TB drive installed, even though I had definitely mounted the 2TB drive and copied data from the 1TB to the 2TB.
Aha, I thought, it must be something to do with the symlink! So, I backtracked and undid a few stages and went for alternative 1, as I only need a single iBay called backups (which is not to backup the server, but to store drive images of desktop PCs).
However, it doesn't matter what I try I cannot get windows to see that the drive space available on the backups iBay is correct, I just get the total for the 1TB drive (which is getting quite full).
If I type #mount it does report correctly that I have a 2TB sdb1 mounted at /mnt/backups.
What have I missed? How do I remove the symlink (if that is what is causing it?)

Many thanks in advance, sorry for the long post!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 01:01:12 PM by pcrescue »

Offline pcrescue

• +0/-0
Re: Added 2nd hard drive, all working but reporting wrong size - help please!
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 03:39:13 PM »
Anyone? (shrugs shoulders)   :sad: