Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

smeserver-smf

Offline devtay

• +0/-0
smeserver-smf
« on: September 28, 2012, 07:29:30 PM »
I am doing an upgrade and a hardware change at the same time. I elected to manually do the config vice AFFA, USB Backup, etc.

I successfully used the wiki info to install smf with yum install smeserver-smf --enablerepo=smecontribs --enablerepo=sme7contribs. In addition, I backed up the database with phpmyadmin and the public files (attachments in my case) and moved everything over to the new server and it's running fine.

My issue is the same issue I had when smf was installed on my other machine. It's out of date. smeserver-smf contains smf 1.1.4 and I'd like to update it. When I go to the package manager to do an upgrade I get the following error:

550 /opt/SMF: No such file or directory

What I think is happening is, since the contrib installs SMF in /opt/SMF, I can't get FTP access to it. I tested this by connecting to the server with my admin password as well as the user password I setup for updating smf. Each of them can connect from outside the local network but can't see /opt/SMF/*. I understand this is a security setting. My question ends up being how do I update the darn thing?

This forum is SMF 2.0.2 so I know it can be done on an SME box. However, I'm at a loss. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
You can't stop what's coming. It ain't all waiting on you.

Offline janet

• +0/-0
Re: smeserver-smf
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 02:50:30 AM »
devtay

AFAIK no one has released a newer SMF version in a rpm package for sme server.

As for any other application you can always just download the upgrade tar.gz upgrade package (rather than SMF update package) available here
http://download.simplemachines.org/
and follow the generic upgrade instructions here
http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Upgrading
Please search before asking, an answer may already exist.
The Search & other links to useful information are at top of Forum.