Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Samba SME 8.0 no guest access after upgrade

Offline thowden

• +0/-0
Samba SME 8.0 no guest access after upgrade
« on: July 17, 2012, 04:49:09 AM »
Hi

I've been running a beta of SME 8.0 for some months without any issues. I have a mix of domain joined workstations and my notebook which is using a WORKGROUP and has been using a batch file to connect to the \\server\netlogon\netlogon.bat and working fine.

I updated the SME 8.0 via the installer at the weekend and since then I cannot get the batch file to allow me to login.

Code: [Select]
C:\Users\thowden>\\server\netlogon
Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.

That looks to me like the guest permissions are no longer allowing the default connection to get to the netlogon.bat and try to authenticate. If it was allowing access then I should see (at least I think I should see..):

Code: [Select]
C:\Users\thowden>\\alcyone\netlogon\
'\\alcyone\netlogon\' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Logging in via file explorer on my notebook works fine and displays the default server shares including netlogon and once that is done I can access and run the netlogon.bat.

So my question is, does anyone have any pointers as to what has changed and how can I get back to the stage that I don't need to login to enable my login process.

Thanks
Tony

Offline thowden

• +0/-0
SOLVED: Re: Samba SME 8.0 no guest access after upgrade
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 05:05:14 AM »
Hi

What?   Reboot the server, restart the notebook and it is all working.  I can only think that the updates and the server restarts that I did at the weekend left something in a half-baked state.

Figured I'd leave the original post as it may hit someone else.

cheers
Tony