Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Ejabberd and SME 8

Offline newburns

• +0/-0
  • A good plumber, noob developer
    • Mt. Rose MEdia
Ejabberd and SME 8
« on: June 16, 2012, 04:20:06 PM »
Ejabberd installs fine, however, it is not working properly. I am not able to get to the admin site to configure different functions of Ejabberd.
There isn't anything in the log files, but mydomain:5280/admin just says conenction refused.

Is there somewhere else I can look for logs?

Is there another IM service/client that I could use that may prove better? (Small Business Setting with Global Access)
SME 8.0
Quad 6600
8gb DDR2 800
8 TB RAID 5
Dual Gigabit NIC
I Still Don't KNOW WHAT I AM DOING. Please, don't assume I know anything about Linux or Centos, I just know hardware

Offline janet

• +0/-0
Re: Ejabberd and SME 8
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 05:16:22 AM »
newburns

Do you do these steps as per wiki ?

creation of your ejabberd admin account

For security reasons you need to create the admin@yourdomain Jabber account as soon as you enable your ejabberd service because this account will have administration rigths for your ejabberd administration. Jabber services are disabled after package installation, so there is no risk before you enable ejabberd with the server-manager panel and create this account.

In your ejabberd panel, enable your ejabberd server, verify or change your Jabber domain and set registration parameter to "Allowed for everybody"
With a Jabber client, register the account "admin@yourdomain" with a (secure) password, and remember this password. This "admin@yourdomain" account and associated password wil be needed to access the administration web page of your ejabberd server at https://yourserver.yourdomain:5280/admin (if enabled in your ejabberd panel).
After setting admin account, you can return to your ejabberd panel and change registration setting for your requirements
Please search before asking, an answer may already exist.
The Search & other links to useful information are at top of Forum.

Offline newburns

• +0/-0
  • A good plumber, noob developer
    • Mt. Rose MEdia
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 06:41:35 AM »
Yes. I did all those steps exactly as written. I had issues with SME 8 Beta 7, so I made sure I did every step exactly as it is stated in the exact order. No change, the admin configuration page :5280 does not appear. I am registering my admin account with Pidgin. Any suggestion on another client for registration? Or, better yet, is there a better IM service you would recommend?
SME 8.0
Quad 6600
8gb DDR2 800
8 TB RAID 5
Dual Gigabit NIC
I Still Don't KNOW WHAT I AM DOING. Please, don't assume I know anything about Linux or Centos, I just know hardware

Offline janet

• +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2012, 08:11:51 PM »
newburns

When you used Pidgin and added the admin user, did you successfully create the admin user on the server (tick the appropriate box) ? Can you successfully connect as admin using Pidgin ?
The problem may be in that area.

Have you checked the required ports are open eg using grc.com to do a port scan ?
Please search before asking, an answer may already exist.
The Search & other links to useful information are at top of Forum.

Offline scrooge313

• +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 04:29:04 PM »
Hi,

unfortunately we have the same problem.

As explained here http://wiki.contribs.org/Ejabberd we installed a sme7 contrib from http://ftp.nluug.nl/os/Linux/distr/smeserver/releases/7/smecontribs/i386/RPMS/smeserver-ejabberd-2.0.1-18.el4.sme.noarch.rpm

Installation goes fine, but when typing
Code: [Select]
/etc/e-smith/events/actions/navigation-conf we get following message
Code: [Select]
not well-formed (invalid token) at line 372, column 26, byte 11463 at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/XML/Parser.pm line 187

We are not able to connect to the admin panel.

And when I try this howto http://smeserver.nethesis.it/jabber/, I get a message about a missing dependency perl(mysql) ;-(

Do you have any ideas?

Thanks.
Holger
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 04:36:23 PM by scrooge313 »