ProxyPass to internal SME

Offline newburns

• +0/-0
  • A good plumber, noob developer
    • Mt. Rose MEdia
ProxyPass to internal SME
« on: May 15, 2012, 02:53:24 PM »
I've looked around and I have setup a couple routes, but none seem to work
I just install ZoneMinder 1.25 on an SME 8 server. This is behind another SME 8 server that acts as the gateway/domain/file server.
I setup a ProxyPass directive to use the alias security.
Code: [Select]
db accounts set seccurity ProxyPass
db accounts setprop security Target http://10.1.11.90
db accounts setprop security Description InternalZoneMinder
db accounts setprop security HTTP yes
db accounts setprop security HTTPS yes
So it is http://mywebsite.com/security

I also setup a hostname for security on the main domain name, through the Server Manager Panel Hostnames and Addresses. I set this to remote with the ip of 10.1.11.90

Now, when I go to security.mywebsite.com it comes up with my main website hosted on the gateway server
When I go to mywebsite.com/security ZoneMinder comes up, but after you put in the password it doesn't stay in that directory. It looks for index.php on my gateway server as well.

I installed ZoneMinder into the Primary ibay. I originally wanted it in the /opt/ directory, but I need to figure out the proper way to pass the name or alias, just to make sure this ZoneMinder install works. I'll do a clean install and try to reinstall in /opt/ directory after this little hiccup.
Any help in the proper ProxyPass? Would that also work for ports? I have to forward ports to my internal server's port 22 in order to do SSH. Is there a solution that would do both? Basically, ProxyPass a complete domain, ports, names, and aliases to an internal server. I need to actually get to 2 internal servers. An AFFA backup server, and a Security Server. Again, all SME
SME 8.0
Quad 6600
8gb DDR2 800
8 TB RAID 5
Dual Gigabit NIC
I Still Don't KNOW WHAT I AM DOING. Please, don't assume I know anything about Linux or Centos, I just know hardware

Offline CharlieBrady

• +3/-0
Re: ProxyPass to internal SME
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 05:01:54 AM »
I setup a ProxyPass directive to use the alias security.

Are you sure? In the code you showed us, you created 'seccurity', then tried to set properties for the non-existent 'security'.

Offline newburns

• +0/-0
    • Mt. Rose MEdia
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 05:27:24 AM »
Is there a way to view all the proxypass directives I've set up? Something similar to the rpm repository list?
SME 8.0
Quad 6600
8gb DDR2 800
8 TB RAID 5
Dual Gigabit NIC
I Still Don't KNOW WHAT I AM DOING. Please, don't assume I know anything about Linux or Centos, I just know hardware

Offline janet

• +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 05:42:56 AM »
newburns
Is there a way to view all the proxypass directives I've set up? Something similar to the rpm repository list?

Look in the accounts db, list all or selectively list entries, see
http://wiki.contribs.org/Db_command_tutorial

Keep this knowledge for future use and you will not need to ask how to extract information from the databases ever again !

eg
db accounts show |more
db accounts show security
Please search before asking, an answer may already exist.
The Search & other links to useful information are at top of Forum.

Offline newburns

• +0/-0
    • Mt. Rose MEdia
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 06:43:29 AM »
Thanks mary,
I think I've come to love you. At first, I just thought you were mean and evil, but you respond to so many post, and help so many people, I think I owe you an apology for the way I felt. You are awesome. You are a star. You may not be glorious morning type of star, but you are a star nevertheless.
Thanks
SME 8.0
Quad 6600
8gb DDR2 800
8 TB RAID 5
Dual Gigabit NIC

Offline janet

• +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2012, 08:35:54 AM »
newburns

At first, I just thought you were mean and evil...... I think I owe you an apology for the way I felt. You are awesome. You are a star. You may not be glorious morning type of star, but you are a star nevertheless.

Ha ha ha
Charlie taught me, and people seem to have a love hate relationship with him, I guess some stars are just different colours or different densities, and not everyone can see every star, even though they may be glowing brightly.

The bottom line goes something like, If you give people the answer every time, they will not learn it for themselves, but if you teach them how to find the answer then they have learnt how to apply that knowledge in the future and can find the answers themselves.
Please search before asking, an answer may already exist.
The Search & other links to useful information are at top of Forum.

Offline johnp

• +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2012, 06:50:07 AM »
Mary rocks! as do many others that support this community, she is a great assest IMHO. What I don't get is why some get hostile when they aren't spoon fed an answer. Most of the time it's there if you can read between the lines.