Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Routing an incoming call.

Offline Drifting

• +0/-0
Routing an incoming call.
« on: April 12, 2012, 08:03:35 PM »
Trying to get my head round routing and incoming call, that could come in from two different trunks.

What I have is a friend and my Sark boxes connected via IAX trunks, and that works well. However I am going to be offline physically for a while, and I need to route any calls I get to his sark system.

I thought creating a call group and adding his personal extension would do the trick, with both of the trunks pointing at the call group. For some reason all the extensions on my range work fine, but his do not ring? Quite confused.
I thought about this further and wondered about routing. So I forward one of my extensions, dialled my extension, and his answered. So can only assume the routing was fine.

Am I missing something obvious? or was I not lateral thinking enough?

Regards
Infamy, Infamy, they all have it in for me!

Offline SARK devs

• +1/-0
    • http://sarkpbx.com
Re: Routing an incoming call.
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 10:33:40 PM »
Good question.

You do it by specifying the the full path in the ring group...  The easiest way to figure it out is to log on to the Asterisk CLI and then dial your buddy's phone.  You will see the dial and it will look something like this (in this example I'm dialing ext 401 on the other machine).

Code: [Select]
AGI Script Executing Application: (Dial) Options: (IAX2/MySarkYourSark@YourSarkMySark/401||T)
In the example, my sark is called MySark and my buddy's is called YourSark.  It doesn't really matter because all you need do is copy the front of the dial and paste it into your call group string like this

IAX2/MySarkYourSark@YourSarkMySark/401    

You can still mix other extensions and phone numbers with it in the call group and they will all get dialled.  Using these fully qualified dial names you can ring many extensions on many different SARKs simultaneously.

Kind Regards

S

Offline Drifting

• +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 09:37:24 PM »
Thanks so much for the reply.

Not wishing to sound dense, you mean to enter that string into the "Target" value line? along with my local numbers?

I did capture the call as suggested and have the suitable line for pasting in.

IAX2/voipsbstayvoip@tayvoipvoipsbs/2501

Regards

Offline SARK devs

• +1/-0
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 11:11:45 PM »
yes, into the target value, along with any other numbers you wish to include in the ring group

Kind Regards

S

Offline Drifting

• +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 06:32:56 PM »
Hi

Does this still stand true? Seems that the dialling has changed since I last did this. Have the same problem as before, yet another trip into hospital, and need all my personal calls sent over to the same friends again.

Regards Paul.

Offline SARK devs

• +1/-0
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 09:02:08 PM »
Hi Paul

Sorry to learn that you are unwell. 

Although what I gave you last time does indeed hold true, it turns out there is a simpler way to do it.  If your friend has, for example, 501 on his machine you can simply add this to your call group and it will find its way to your buddy.

Local/501@internal
Just make sure that you have CFWD-ANSWER set to NO on your machine (in globals panel) otherwise it will bugger up the call group.

Other than that, you're good to go.

Don't go being naughty with any of those pretty nurses now - hear?

J

Offline Drifting

• +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2014, 10:01:03 PM »
Thanks J :-)

Not sure I could catch a cold let alone some nubile young nurse, but I am sure the thought will keep me going.
Thanks for that solution, worked a treat.

Paul