Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Hunt Group Help

Offline del

• +0/-0
Hunt Group Help
« on: March 16, 2012, 08:59:07 PM »
Hi All,

I am having trouble getting hunt groups to work :-? I have set up a call group (600) with 2 extensions in it (402 & 403), the outcome is set to Operator and the type is hunt, I have pointed a trunkline to that group and when I call in it only rings 402 and eventually goes to 402's voicemail  :-o If I change the type to ring it works OK :) My understanding is that type hunt will ring the extensions in order ie. 402 then 403 (on no answer by 402) and type ring will ring them both at the same time, which it does. I am not sure what page or alias do, I haven't tried those settings yet :) I have another call group (601) with one extension and my mobile in it which again works OK set to ring but not if I set it as hunt :eek: Does anyone have any ideas as to what I am doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Del
If at first you don't succeed, then sky-diving is not for you!
"Life is like a coin. You can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once." --Author Unknown

Offline SARK devs

• +1/-0
    • http://sarkpbx.com
Re: Hunt Group Help
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 11:54:23 AM »
you aren't doing anything wrong.  There is a bug in hunt which we are working on at the moment. 

In the meantime you can use ring group or, if you can't wait while we fix it, you can stitch several ring groups together (using the outcome) to simulate a hunt.

Kind Regards

S

Offline del

• +0/-0
Re: Hunt Group Help
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 07:53:52 PM »
Hi Selintra,

Thanks for the reply, I've used the outcome to simulate the hunt 8-) Thought I'd gone crazy for a bit :-)

Cheers,
Del
If at first you don't succeed, then sky-diving is not for you!
"Life is like a coin. You can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once." --Author Unknown