Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Official Koozali Foundation Logo Concepts

Offline hawk

• +0/-0
    • hawkelectronics
Re: Official Koozali Foundation Logo Concepts
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2013, 08:11:54 PM »
boobs, we definitely don't want our new foundation to be a boob job, the ladies in my office thought it looks like glasses.

following the posts, simple is good, but what is wrong with the existing logo, it is well know already, just add Koozali name to the top or bottom. 

Offline stephdl

• +0/-0
    • Linux et Geekeries
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2013, 09:57:38 PM »
boobs, we definitely don't want our new foundation to be a boob job, the ladies in my office thought it looks like glasses.

following the posts, simple is good, but what is wrong with the existing logo, it is well know already, just add Koozali name to the top or bottom.

The logo is not really own by us as you have a company in Utah who had registered the logo and the name of smeserver.com. It is not a huge issue but we wouldn't have the problem one day.
Moreover the name has changed several time during 14 years, as it was e-smith, mitel (always used) and now this one if the community wants it and works for it.

If we compare with zentyal or clearOS our contenders they have changed their name too

ebox before for zentyal
clarkconnect before for clearOS

Users follow the product, never the name...
See http://wiki.contribs.org/Koozali_Foundation
irc : Freenode #sme_server #sme-fr

!!! Please write your knowledge to the Wiki !!!

Offline janet

• +0/-0
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2013, 03:46:33 AM »
hawk

That is the problem with that design, it is ambiguous & can easily be misinterpreted for boobs or glasses (I assume you mean spectacles) or even something else, depending on the viewers perception. A good logo should not be ambiguous & certainly not be able to be visually interpreted in a way some people could find offensive.
Consider the many different cultural & language groups that koozali sme server is used in, ranging from wealthy western businesses to poor bangladeshi, afghani or asian community groups having different religious & cultural values.

The infinity symbol of option 2 looks OK to me, maybe just remove the two dots from the middle of the o's, as that will remove most of the ambiguity.
Please search before asking, an answer may already exist.
The Search & other links to useful information are at top of Forum.

Offline dvdsmith

• +0/-0
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2013, 11:15:13 PM »

I may be dating myself, but I saw a couple of magnetic data reels.  To avoid offense, I agree it would probably be best to remove the dots.  Or, if anyone likes the tape idea, make them smaller and add a few "spokes" like on the reels here: http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/apollo/apollo_tapes.html