Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

"Restore in progress" - but it isn't!?

Jens H. Kruuse

"Restore in progress" - but it isn't!?
« on: July 13, 2002, 12:45:39 AM »
I am using Des Dougan & Darrell May's nice "Backup to disk" feature for my daily backups, and it seems to work just fine. Every night everything gets dumped to a share on a Windows 2000 Workstation and I receive a confirmation mail to my admin account. So far so good.
(See: http://www.e-smith.org/docs/howto/contrib/flexbackup-to-disk-howto.htm)

A couple of days ago I wanted to do a backup to disk and accidentally screwed up and selected "Restore from tape instead". (The tragi-comedy involves a scroll mouse and a little boy craving attention! ;-) ) Anyway, it failed miserable as I knew it would and I received a note in my mailbox saying:

"An error occurred while restoring from tape.

No tape loaded at /mnt/backup."

No problem in itself, but now I am unable to use the backup panel. Just above the scrollpanel it says: "Restore in progressWed Jul 10 14:12:23 2002. " and my only possible choices are: "Refresh this display" and "Configure tape backup". Either choice is a dud.

I can see in the backup script, that the variable $restore_state eq 'running' but how do I reset the thing? And looking through the script I can see that there may be other things affected my my ill-advised click... So what do I do?

Finally, is this a bug? (Does the same thing happen if the tape drive is empty?)

Cheers,
Jens

Jason Evans

Re: "Restore in progress" - but it isn't!?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2002, 02:04:39 AM »
I had the same problem and Update2 seemes to have fixed it.