Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

VLAN?

Offline mmccarn

• +10/-0
Re: VLAN?
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2011, 01:31:20 PM »
I dont know the route command in my vlan. please send an information or solution how to solve my problem in vlan.

You need to use the 'Local networks' panel in the SME server-manager to add the 2nd and 3rd VLANs, specifying as the gateway an IP address on the SME network.

That is, you need to add a 'local network' for vlan3 with a gateway of 192.168.2.? (possibly your existing default gateway), and likewise for vlan 4.

If everything works except login to server-manager (that is, if you can 'ping' your SME server from vlan3 and vlan4, and if you can 'ping' vlan3 and vlan4 systems from your SME), you could also use an ssh tunnel or VPN from vlan3 and vlan4 (or from anywhere else on the planet) to manage your SME.  This would give you server-manager access from the other vlans without exposing the other SME "Local Network" services (SMB ibays, unencrypted SMTP relay, unencrypted POP3, unencrypted IMAP, etc)

Offline jester

• +1/-0
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2011, 08:27:10 PM »
i will try to do it

Hi lanfeu2000!

Great that you've created a contrib for this!!

Contrib creators are encouraged to use SME's CVS system so their work gets some peer review and some level of verification for the end user. We are currently discussing documenting & trying to make it even easier for contrib developers to get CVS access and use the buildsystem, see: bug #6749.

For now the following page describes should get you going: Releasing Contribs.

Welcome and a big thanx!

Offline Buckwheat

• +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2011, 10:06:27 PM »

Found answer to own question.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 10:10:30 PM by Buckwheat »