Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

SME 8.x and SymLinks

Offline calisun

• +0/-0
SME 8.x and SymLinks
« on: June 18, 2011, 01:09:23 AM »
Does anybody know if SymLinks are still disabled by default in 8.x, just like they were in 7.x ?

If they are enabled in 8.x, do I have to do anything to i-bays that I have enabled them through following command, before I upgrade to 8.x?

db accounts setprop "ibayname" FollowSymLinks enabled
db accounts setprop "ibayname" AllowOverride All
signal-event ibay-modify "ibayname"

SME user and community member since 2005.
Want to install Wordpress in iBay of SME Server?
See my step-by-step How-To wiki here:
http://wiki.contribs.org/Wordpress_Multisite

Offline CharlieBrady

• +3/-0
Re: SME 8.x and SymLinks
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 05:18:05 PM »
SME 8 is in beta test. Do a test install and try it. Report any problems you find via the bug tracker.

Also please find the release notes and read them(rather than ask somebody else to do that for you, as you are doing here).
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 05:21:00 PM by CharlieBrady »

Offline calisun

• +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 12:39:29 AM »
Charlie, before posting, I did search, and I was unable to find anything that said if SymLinks are enabled by default in 8.x or disabled like they are in 7.x
SME user and community member since 2005.
Want to install Wordpress in iBay of SME Server?
See my step-by-step How-To wiki here:
http://wiki.contribs.org/Wordpress_Multisite

Offline CharlieBrady

• +3/-0
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 05:30:25 AM »
Charlie, before posting, I did search, and I was unable to find anything that said if SymLinks are enabled by default in 8.x or disabled like they are in 7.x

If the release notes say nothing about a change in Symlinks, then it's reasonable to assume that it hasn't changed. You can also search bugzilla. If there is no bug dealing with changing of Symlinks behaviour, then it's reasonable to assume that it hasn't been changed. And you can always do a test install and find out for yourself.