Offline ansentry

• +0/-0
ibay access from another IP Address
« on: December 01, 2010, 12:41:46 AM »
Site A (192.16.1.XX)
SME Server (192.16.1.3)

Site B (192.16.2.XX)
Connected to Site A fixed Line using Cisco Routers
XP user can connect to IBays using scrip on each PC.

Changes where made (about 4 years ago) to SME to allow access from Site B, now I want to add access for another site (Site C) but I don't know where in SME to add new site.

SME is running as Server Only. Domain Controller but does not do DHCP. All local users (at Site A) Login in to it.

** They are running version 5.1 - and won't change - the server is not exposed to the internet. It has been running for about 8 years without any down time except power problems in building - best is 360 days up *****

Thanks for any help,
Regards,

John A

Offline janet

• +0/-0
Re: ibay access from another IP Address
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 03:56:16 AM »
ansentry

Changes where made (about 4 years ago) to SME to allow access from Site B, now I want to add access for another site (Site C) but I don't know where in SME to add new site.

Your question is so broad and vague, the answer really depends on what changes were made 4 yrs ago, and you are the only one likely to know that.

Probably try looking in the Local Networks panel in server manager, the link to the Manual is at the top of the Forum page, so please read that. If you had done so, you probably would not need to ask that question here.

They are running version 5.1 - and won't change

Then they cannot expect to get support for that version anymore, most people will have forgotten what 5.1 even looked like, let alone what functions it did or did not support.
Please search before asking, an answer may already exist.
The Search & other links to useful information are at top of Forum.

Offline ansentry

• +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 07:19:37 AM »
Mary,

I'm so sorry I bothered you with my question.
Regards,

John A

Offline janet

• +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 08:16:46 AM »
ansentry

I was not bothered.
I was trying to show you where to find answers to basic questions ie in the Manual.
Please search before asking, an answer may already exist.
The Search & other links to useful information are at top of Forum.

Offline cactus

• +3/-0
    • http://www.snetram.nl
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2010, 11:54:43 AM »
Moving this topic to Obsolete Releases > SME Server 5.x where it is more appropriate.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than its worth ~ Baz Luhrmann - Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen)