Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Software error on Asterisk 1.4.35 with sail-2.4.1-28

Offline Teviot

• +0/-0
Software error on Asterisk 1.4.35 with sail-2.4.1-28
« on: August 23, 2010, 07:41:41 AM »
I'm getting the following error on a new install with no ext and no trunks (haven't got to them yet)

I installed from source the following

asterisk-1.4.35.tar.gz,
asterisk-addons-1.4.11.tar.gz,
dahdi-linux-complete-2.2.1.2+2.2.1.1.tar.gz
libpri-1.4.11.3.tar.gz

I followed the instructions found at http://sarkpbx.com/twiki/bin/view/Main/DocChapter03d then installed

perl-File-ReadBackwards-1.04-1.2.el4.rf.noarch.rpm
sail-2.4.1-28.noarch.rpm

yum localinstall sail-2.4.1-28.noarch.rpm perl-File-ReadBackwards-1.04-1.2.el4.rf.noarch.rpm --enablerepo=base

Then I went to the global setting tab and made a few adjustment to the setting there and got the following error

Software error:
Error occurred during update of asterisk.

For help, please send mail to the webmaster (admin), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

What have I missed?  The install went ok. I didn't detect any errors on install but I'm not a linux geek

Just attempted to add an extension and got the same error.  All the details for the extension are there. When I click on commit the system returns the error

Have even tried a couple of different versions of SAIL with the same result. The version of sail that I have left installed is sail-2.2.4-49
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 09:11:58 AM by teviot »
Regards
M0GLJ
I am new to SAIL SME Server v8b6 and have been using SME for many years.
I have already done some research and only ask questions if I still can't work it out.

Offline Teviot

• +0/-0
Re: Software error on Asterisk 1.4.35 with sail-2.4.1-28
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 05:27:24 PM »
Sorry Guys

I'm unable to continue with this post as my server died and I had to re-do my test server as my poduction machine. 

Will have another look at this when I get another test server
Regards
M0GLJ
I am new to SAIL SME Server v8b6 and have been using SME for many years.
I have already done some research and only ask questions if I still can't work it out.