Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

I'm looking for advice

Offline charlien

• +0/-0
    • http://www.rn-computing.com
I'm looking for advice
« on: May 14, 2010, 04:27:51 PM »
I'm looking for some advice. I want to add VoIP function to my home SME server. This server will be a clean install. I've been trying to install Freepbx and have run into quite a few issues. Not that I don't mind working through issues I haven't been able to get a working system after a lot of time and effort. So my question is --- What should I do? I'm a Linux "user" but realize I know enough to know how little I know. I'm good at following instructions. I see that several Asterisk based contribs exist. Which one would you recommend? I want to install it on my SME server.

Looking past my home use, which is almost hobby level, I work for a company that sells traditional business phone equipment. So I'm kind of looking at this with the idea that if this hobby works out I may want to bring selling an Asterisk option (with someone else supporting it) to my place of work.

Offline versa

• +0/-0
Re: I'm looking for advice
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 05:25:38 PM »
I must admit for starters that I have not tried the freePBX contrib, but I am using the SAIL set up, everything to do with asterisks can be complicated and it has taken quite a while for me to get things going the way I want it, and the support from the Sark devs is good here in the fourm's plus regular updates to the SAIL rpm also.

I will try the FreePBX system sometime but for the moment I will be sticking with SAIL.

I'm not sure if FreePBX can do the Multi-tenant, this is another reason I stuck with SAIL, anybody know if FreePBX can do Multi-tenant ?