Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

SOGO for Sme

Offline byte

• +2/-0
Re: SOGO for Sme - damage to SME update system
« Reply #105 on: July 28, 2010, 12:50:21 PM »
--[byte]--

Have you filled in a Bug Report over @ http://bugs.contribs.org ? Please don't wait to be told this way you help us to help you/others - Thanks!

Offline riff

• +0/-0
Re: SOGO for Sme
« Reply #106 on: September 02, 2010, 07:43:56 AM »
Hi!

This project is awesome! Just what I have been waiting for!

However, has anyone worked out how to turn on the spell check? ( I can't spell to save myself)  I can't seem to find any information on how to, I can see they have included it in the CKEDITOR, but as to turn it on baffles me! I though I would ask here before logging this with Sogo themselves.

Riff.

Offline alefattorini

• +0/-0
  • www.nethserver.org
    • www.nethserver.org
« Reply #107 on: September 13, 2010, 04:57:03 PM »
We have release new smeserver-sogo rpm and smeserver-sogo-thunderbird for auto-create sogo addon.
You can install/update it follow this doc http://wiki.contribs.org/Sogo
For thundirbird you can download and install only sogo-integrator from https://smeserver.domain/sogo-plugins, i shouldn't modify integrator with smeserver dns, it's complete.
Can anyone test it ?
Thank you

Offline macwunder

• +0/-0
« Reply #108 on: February 02, 2011, 03:42:33 AM »
Been a while since any posts to this topic... Is it still alive?

I installed this latest RPM to my 8b6 SME machine. There are still dependency issues with memcached (regarding libevent-1.1a.so.1) which I resolved by installing compat-libevent-11a-3.2.1-1... After that, smeserver-sogo and sogo installed without a hitch.

I am having troubles getting DAV to work. After install, post-upgrade and reboot, apache does not listen on port 8843, and it doesn't appear to have included any VirtualHost for that port. Any pointers how I can get that functionality working? I'm all Apple hardware, and don't need any Funambol stuff here...

Also, with the latest SOGo releases (1.3.5a) a new parameter needs to be added to the .GNUstepDefaults file:

OCSSessionsFolderURL = "mysql://sogo:{$sogod{'DbPassword'}}@localhost/sogo/sogo_sessions_folder";

This avoids having to login every minute or so...

Fine work, Alessio! Please help me get the DAV stuff working?

Regards;
Jeff

Offline macwunder

• +0/-0
« Reply #109 on: February 02, 2011, 09:53:45 PM »
Well... to answer my own question and to document for posterity...  :D

I ended up adding three config template fragments in /etc/e-smith/templates/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf/:

35SSL00Listen8843, which has the contents:
    Listen 0.0.0.0:8843

80NameVirtualHostsDAV, which has the contents:
    NameVirtualHost 0.0.0.0:8843

80VirtualHostsDAVSSL, which has the contents:
    <VirtualHost 0.0.0.0:8843>
      ServerName { $SystemName }.{ $DomainName }
      SSLEngine On
      ProxyRequests Off
      SetEnv proxy-nokeepalive 1
      ProxyPreserveHost On
      ProxyPassInterpolateEnv On
      ProxyPass /principals http://127.0.0.1:20000/SOGo/dav/ interpolate
      ProxyPass /SOGo/dav/ http://127.0.0.1:20000/SOGo/dav/ interpolate
      ProxyPass / http://127.0.0.1:20000/SOGo/dav/ interpolate

<Proxy http://127.0.0.1:20000>
      RequestHeader set "x-webobjects-server-port" "8843"
      RequestHeader set "x-webobjects-server-name" "{ $SystemName }.{ $DomainName }:8843"
      RequestHeader set "x-webobjects-server-url" "https://{ $SystemName }.{ $DomainName }:8843"
      RequestHeader set "x-webobjects-server-protocol" "HTTP/1.0"
      RequestHeader set "x-webobjects-remote-host" "127.0.0.1"
      AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
      Order allow,deny
      Allow from all
    </Proxy>
    </VirtualHost>

Performed signal-event sogo-modify, and all is working on the DAV front with my Macs and iPhones.

Offline alefattorini

• +0/-0
  • www.nethserver.org
    • www.nethserver.org
« Reply #110 on: February 03, 2011, 09:08:37 AM »
> I have been trying to use your smeserver-sogo contribution on my SME 8 beta 6 machine and am having troubles getting the dav functionality to work. I installed as per the Contribs Wiki, with the exception of having to take care of a missing dependency where memcached needed libevent-1.1a.so.1, which I eliminated by installing compat-libevent-11a-3.2.1-1.el5 for i386. After that I could install as per the wiki for smeserver-sogo.
>
> After install (yum installed SOGo version 1.3.5a) I had the problem of getting booted from the login, so added the following line to /etc/e-smith/templates/home/sogo/GNUstep/Defaults/.GNUstepDefaults/10defaults:
>    OCSSessionsFolderURL = "mysql://sogo:{$sogod{'DbPassword'}}@localhost/sogo/sogo_sessions_folder";
> Then signal-event sogo-modify; /etc/rc7.d/S85sogod restart
> That took care of the sessions problem introduced with sogo 1.3.5

Yes, but i have test smeserver package only with 1.3.3. I'll use this soon

>
> When I port scan the machine, I notice that apache is not listening on 8843 (dav ssl), so I added a template fragment to add "Listen 8843", and added "NameVirtualHost 0.0.0.0:8843" to 80NameVirtualHosts fragment. Also tried adding an additional fragment to specify the VirtualHost on port 8843, but when I try to browse that location, I get permission errors.
>
> Can you offer any assistance?

Sorry but i see that you have answer to yourself

Do you need for cardav support in apple addressbook and iphone?

> Many thanks, ond good job on the integration!
> Jeff

Thanks to you"

Offline macwunder

• +0/-0
« Reply #111 on: February 03, 2011, 01:44:09 PM »
Yes, but i have test smeserver package only with 1.3.3. I'll use this soon
Oh, I see. Well, I found your contrib so late that I had no choice.  :lol:

I am glad I put my modified GNUstepDefaults template in templates-custom.

Do you need for cardav support in apple addressbook and iphone?
Yes, this is required for CardDAV and CalDAV native support in Mac OS and iOS. If you want all this to work outside your local network, there will need to be a firewall pinhole that has to be opened, as well:

config set DAV service TCPPort 8843 access public status enabled
signal-event remoteaccess-update

Have you thought about creating an admin panel for this so some things could be customized in the SME Server GUI?

Regards;
Jeff

Offline edform

• +0/-0
    • http://www.workgroupsolutions.co.uk
« Reply #112 on: March 11, 2011, 09:39:32 PM »
I installed this very interesting contribution today and it looks ideal for the circumstances in the office of a client that I still look after. I've noticed a set of bugs however which I thought I'd ask about here because I think they may be related to the browser I'm using rather than bugs in the SME contribution or SOGo itself.

I'm running the application in the K-Meleon browser with all of the menus and toolbars hidden so as to give the impression that the application is a native Windows program and to avoid using the system browser - users shut their browsers down after a surfing session and then find that they've also closed their email program as well!!!

After a while I find that clicking to bring up a dialogue - writing a new email for example - brings up a new SOGo login screen instead. I also find that the program seems to go to sleep so that controls no longer respond - I cannot remove the tick against a shared calendar for example - and it is possible that this is tied up with the other problem.

Woops! I just found out that the same thing occurs in both IE8 and Firefox so it looks like it's not a browser issue.

Has anyone any ideas about this?

Ed Form
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 09:43:51 PM by edform »

Offline macwunder

• +0/-0
« Reply #113 on: March 12, 2011, 04:31:55 AM »
Hi Ed;

Se my post a couple times up about having to add the new sessions parameter to the SOGo config. That will take care of that.

Jeff

Offline edform

• +0/-0
« Reply #114 on: March 12, 2011, 08:36:45 AM »
Hi Ed;

Se my post a couple times up about having to add the new sessions parameter to the SOGo config. That will take care of that.

Jeff

I searched for the .GNUstepDefaults file and came up with 5 results so I checked them all out and it looked like the correct place to put this parameter was in the /etc/e-smith/templates/home/sogo/GNUstep/Defaults/.GNUstepDefaults/10defaults file. I added it after the line beginning OCSFolderInfoURL... near the top of the file. I then restarted the server and logged back in to SOGo. The problem of going to sleep had not been cured.

Have I done the wrong thing?

Ed Form

Offline edform

• +0/-0
« Reply #115 on: March 12, 2011, 10:41:29 AM »
I've found more misbehaviour in this application.

If you create a subfolder of the inbox and then try to delete it, you'll find that it has become a subfolder of Trash which is normal but it cannot be deleted from Trash. If you log in to Horde it can be deleted but it keeps on coming back when you log  in again.

What's worse is that it keeps on coming back as a subfolder of inbox when you log back into SOGo.

It looks as though this application isn't ready for use in working systems.

Ed Form

Offline macwunder

• +0/-0
« Reply #116 on: March 12, 2011, 04:01:47 PM »
Perform signal-event sogo-modify at the command line to expand the template. That will write the changes to the SOGo config file and restart sogod. Probably better to put custom template changes into the templates-custom folders, in case anything Alessio updates will overwrite your customizations.

Sounds like you need to spend some time in the SME docs...  :-)

I don't have any suggestion for the sub-folder. I haven't had the same issue, but that would be an issue to take up in the SME forums.

Regards;
Jeff

Offline edform

• +0/-0
« Reply #117 on: March 12, 2011, 10:24:52 PM »
Perform signal-event sogo-modify at the command line to expand the template. That will write the changes to the SOGo config file and restart sogod.

I restarted the machine after modifying the template; surely that expands all the templates?

Probably better to put custom template changes into the templates-custom folders, in case anything Alessio updates will overwrite your customizations.

I'd have done that except that I don't understand the language the templates are written in. It looks to me from the way the 10default template fragment is laid out that the indented list of parameters defined is enclosed by opening, and presumably at some point later closing instructions, but I have no idea how to add a line from another template that will be treated as part of that parameter list. I'm fully aware how to build the the folder structure in templates-custom and how to number a template fragment so that it will get lumped into the resulting file with the fragments from templates, but what the new fragment should look like is not in the SME docs - at least in any part of the SME docs that a non-programmer like me would ever read.

For the benefit of others, and perhaps as a hint to Alessio for future versions of his contrib, this is what the beginning of my /etc/e-smith/templates/home/sogo/GNUstep/Defaults/.GNUstepDefaults/10default template fragment now looks like...

\{
    NSGlobalDomain = \{
    \};
    sogod = \{
        NGUseUTF8AsURLEncoding = YES;
        OCSFolderInfoURL = "mysql://sogo:{$sogod{'DbPassword'}}@localhost/sogo/sogo_folder_info";
        OCSSessionsFolderURL = "mysql://sogo:{$sogod{'DbPassword'}}@localhost/sogo/sogo_sessions_folder";
        SOGoACLsSendEMailNotificat..........

I can confirm that it works perfectly and has made SOGo into a most useful add-on for the SME server. I have a set of shared diaries open on my desktop as I write and they have remained active for some hours now with no sign of the earlier tendency to go to sleep.

Sounds like you need to spend some time in the SME docs...  :-)

Believe me, over the last 10 years or so I've put quite a bit of time and effort into that.

I don't have any suggestion for the sub-folder. I haven't had the same issue, but that would be an issue to take up in the SME forums.

I'll raise this as a separate issue but you might care to create a subfolder and try to delete it to see if you have the same issue.

Ed Form

Offline Stefano

• +2/-0
« Reply #118 on: March 13, 2011, 09:22:36 AM »
I suggest you to check the sogo's ML too

Offline edform

• +0/-0
« Reply #119 on: March 13, 2011, 12:13:58 PM »
I suggest you to check the sogo's ML too

I have been doing some reading around those lists, looking in particular for mention of folder conflicts between cohabiting groupwares and there is mention of conflicts between SOGo and Sqirrelmail. There is no doubt in my mind now that Horde and SOGo don't like being on the same machine - let me describe what I have seen...

During the period when my installation of SOGo was 'going to sleep' I tried to make a subfolder of the inbox with the name 'contribs.org.' This was a mistake because it actually gave me two nested subfolders called 'contribs' and 'org' with 'org' below 'contribs.' After realising the mistake I tried to delete the lowest level folder, 'org', and, as with all email programs, this moved it to become a subfolder of 'trash.' When I emptied 'trash' it refused to delete 'org' with a 'cannot delete' message.

I then closed SOGo and loaded Horde where I could apparently delete the contents of 'Trash', but when I did this 'Trash' itself disappeared. So I closed Horde and re-opened SOGo to find that the three level folder structure 'inbox-contribs-org' was back and if I asked the system to delete the subfolders it said they could not be deleted.

After generally kicking and punching the system for a while I lost my patience and dropped the SOGo database using PHPMyAdmin before using 'yum reinstall' to put smeserver-sogo back. I logged back in as various users and rebuilt the sharing settings I had used in the initial install which gave me a nice clean mail setup in my own username - inbox with no subfolders. Then I closed SOGo down and reopened it and my three-level, 'inbox-contribs-org', folder structure was back with undeletable subfolders!!!

Horde and SOgo do not appear to preside over the same mail system safely.

Is it possible to turn horde off, or is this a bug that needs to be tracked down?

Tomorrow afternoon I will reinstall my 8b6 server from scratch and go round the loop again to see if this behaviour is reproducible.

Ed Form