Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Dansguardian

Offline fastautomation

• +0/-0
Dansguardian
« on: July 01, 2009, 07:00:21 AM »
Hi, could someone please help. I installed dansguardian and ran signal-event post-upgrade and signal-event reboot. Every since the machine came backup I can't ping the green network card. From the server I can get internet but I can't ping any machines on the network, I also can't ping the server from any machines on the network.

Please could anybody help I'm note sure where to go from here, tried uninstalling dansguardian but it didn't help.

Offline shawnbishop

• +0/-0
Re: Dansguardian
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 01:58:08 PM »
Hi

That is strange, you have checked all connections etc..I assume, what I suggest is go through the console, and the setup again and make sure all setings are correct

Offline fastautomation

• +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 03:25:06 PM »
Thanks for the response, I have checked everything, all connections and hardware fine. It came up magically, I then I installed dansguardian-stats and after reboot I lost access again.

Have no clue what is causing this and I'm quite new to linux so not really sure how to start diagnosing the problem.

Offline fastautomation

• +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2009, 03:58:03 PM »
I have found the problem, not sure why it's doing what it's doing.

If I run config setprop squid TransparentPort 3128
          config setprop squid Transparent no
          config delprop dansguardian portblocking
          signal-event post-upgrade; signal-event reboot

Then it works fine.

Would really like some help in getting dansguardian to work.

Offline cactus

• +3/-0
    • http://www.snetram.nl
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2009, 07:38:10 PM »
I have found the problem, not sure why it's doing what it's doing.

If I run config setprop squid TransparentPort 3128
          config setprop squid Transparent no
          config delprop dansguardian portblocking
          signal-event post-upgrade; signal-event reboot

Then it works fine.

Would really like some help in getting dansguardian to work.
Perhaps it has to do with the issues discussed in this thread: http://forums.contribs.org/index.php/topic,35696.0.html
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than its worth ~ Baz Luhrmann - Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen)