Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

# for Transfer of call problem

Offline Teviot

• +0/-0
# for Transfer of call problem
« on: May 11, 2009, 12:21:48 PM »
S

I have just setup another SAIL/PBX machine for my business.  I have already noticed a difference.  When I press # on the first machine I have had running for serveral months nothing happens with regards to the transfer of that call.

However, with the SAIL/PBX machine that I have just setup the # works without a problem when attempting to transfer a call.

Is that something I could look at or change that would fix this in my first machine?

BTW  the option Allow hash transfer: is enabled on both machines
Regards
M0GLJ
I am new to SAIL SME Server v8b6 and have been using SME for many years.
I have already done some research and only ask questions if I still can't work it out.

Offline SARK devs

• +1/-0
    • http://sarkpbx.com
Re: # for Transfer of call problem
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 01:41:42 PM »
Are both of your sail releases the same?

Here's what we know about # transfer...

• we hate it
  • It can bring Asterisk down with Snoms if you hash transfer to a parking lot
  • You can't turn it off by removing it from features.conf, you can only change it to something else (we suggest ##)
  • Whether it works or not is determined by the Dial statement options Tt - T allows caller transfer t allows callee transfer.  t can really mess you up if the call is outbound.
  • Various SAIL releases have treated it in different ways (shame on us)
  • The ONLY way to check what is going on is to execute a Dial and see what DIAL command emanates from SAIL by watching the asterisk console.
  • Since about -740(ish) the rule is T on outbound, t on inbound and Tt on internal if you have allowhashtransfer enabled.  If it is diabled then you shouldn't see any t's (upper or lower case) :) 
  • SIP re-invites are MUCH better - just hit the transfer button on your SIP phone - much more sensible in our view.

Best

S