Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

TorrentFlux-Ports blocked by Sme-Server?!

Offline Adreamus

• +0/-0
TorrentFlux-Ports blocked by Sme-Server?!
« on: April 22, 2009, 03:26:26 PM »
Hi,

I've installed the torrentflux (orig) and the sme-torrentflux . The acces over browser works fine. Dowload also (from the web). But theres a problem with port-blocking.but at the gateway the ports are forewarded correctly. it have to come from the sme-server. the incoming ports are blocked. How to allow them?

I've tried to do it, like the wikihelps: "config set torrentflux service access public status enabled TCPPort XXX:YYY"  where XXX:YYY is the portrange to open. But it doesn't work :-(

I don't know if torrentflux is the right name for the service. how to find out?

The server is configured as server-only. firewall working?or not?

i hope on your help. thx

greetz Adreamus

ps: sorry for my bad english :D

Offline mmccarn

• +10/-0
Re: TorrentFlux-Ports blocked by Sme-Server?!
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 01:19:00 AM »
sme-torrentflux probably wants your SME server to be in server/gateway mode, not in server-only mode.

If your SME server is in server-only mode, you will need to open all of the necessary ports in your real firewall (the one the SME is behind).

Offline Craig Cabrey

• +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 04:38:38 AM »
Depending on how old your router/firewall is, torrentflux should be using UPnP to automatically set up the ports. Maybe you have to enable it in the router/firewall?

Offline Adreamus

• +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 04:32:42 PM »
UpNp isn't supportet by my router. its a speedport w900v from t-com.

All ports of the portrange Torrentflux is using, are forewarded correct. i'm sure, cause ktorrent works perfect, but on own pc and not at the server... :-(

Offline cactus

• +3/-0
    • http://www.snetram.nl
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 04:34:23 PM »
UpNp isn't supportet by my router. its a speedport w900v from t-com.

All ports of the portrange Torrentflux is using, are forewarded correct. i'm sure, cause ktorrent works perfect, but on own pc and not at the server... :-(
There you might have the clue, you forwarded ports, which means you must have entered a specific destination, if this is not your SME Server the data packets will not arive on your SME Server but on another host your forwarded the ports to.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than its worth ~ Baz Luhrmann - Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen)

Offline Adreamus

• +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2009, 04:41:21 PM »
no,

i forwarded other ports to my computer. the ports for torrentflux are forewoarded at the server-ip. ;-)

it has to be a problem of the server, or torrentflux needs other ports then the opened.

Offline Adreamus

• +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2009, 02:30:56 AM »
Hey,

i found a solution to open one single port. But when enabling an second port, the first one will be closed, and only the second one is opened.
Code: [Select]
# config set mysql.init mysql.init TCPPort <port#> access public status enabled
# signal-event remoteaccess-update

By trying to open a port-range ( <port#>  => <port#1:port#2>, or <port#1-port#2> ) only the last port is opened :-(

The temporary solution is stopping the firewall every time, the server is rebootet. (no security problem, the server stands behind a router und is in only-server-mode)
Code: [Select]
# /etc/rc.d/init.d/masq stop
greetz Adreamus