Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

SIP FXS/FXO Gateway as trunk

Offline apmuthu

• +0/-0
SIP FXS/FXO Gateway as trunk
« on: April 05, 2009, 04:56:43 PM »
A SIP FXS/FXO gateway device is configured as extensions - say 5000 (FXS) and 5001 (FXO).
The extensions work perfectly. The FXS phone can reach all internal extensions. The FXO extension supplies a dial tone to the caller's extension from where a call can be further dialled out.

1) How do we configure Virtual extensions (aliases?) to call the FXO line and then have it dial a preset number?
2) How do we now configure the FXO line as a trunk as well? Must we use the same username (5001) and the associated extension's password for setting up the trunk?

Offline SARK devs

• +1/-0
    • http://sarkpbx.com
Re: SIP FXS/FXO Gateway as trunk
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 10:33:58 PM »
I'll need a bit more. 

What kind of gateway?

Why does the FXO port have an extension number?

Aliases don't, as a rule,  call trunks (unless a member of a ring group is a cell or external number).  Routes call trunks.  Aliases receive calls from trunks and ring extension groups.

Your questions seem to imply that you have an inverted view of the way the PBX flows calls.  I don't mean to be rude or difficult, it's just that I need more information to understand your problem space. 

Please tell me as much as you can about what you are trying to do and how you have your gateway hooked up.

Kind Regards

S

Offline apmuthu

• +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2009, 03:17:52 PM »
The captcha graphic does not show up. I had to use the audio.

Soundwin SIP 1 FXS / 1FXO gateway is being used.
The FXS and FXO ports have been allotted extensions 5000 and 5001 respectively and when we dial 5001, we are able to get the dial tone from whence we can dial out any number.

How do we make the FXO a trunk line we can use to dial out a local PSTN number normally from any extension?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 08:16:54 PM by apmuthu »

Offline SARK devs

• +1/-0
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2009, 05:03:28 PM »
How do we make the FXO a trunk line we can use to dial out a local PSTN number normally from any extension?

Delete the FXO extension (5000) and creat a SIP trunk.  Use General SIP for the trunk template.  Use an ip address of "dynamic".  This way, asteris will expect the trunk to register with it.

Give it a user-id of something like soundwin1 and give it a password.  IN the ATA set the user-id to soundwin1 and set the password.  It should now register with SAIL and you can create a route to send numbers to it which you want it to dial.

Best

S

Offline apmuthu

• +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2009, 08:37:44 PM »
Deleted the FXO extension 5001 and created a General SIP Trunk with ip address as dynamic. Created a Route for the Trunk to terminate local calls. Set the UserID as 5001 with a password in the trunk and set the same in the ATA devices' FXO port.

Code: [Select]
[May 24 01:42:54] NOTICE[4722]: chan_sip.c:7517 sip_reg_timeout:    -- Registration for '5001@dynamic' timed out, trying again (Attempt #7)
[May 24 01:42:54] WARNING[4722]: chan_sip.c:2921 create_addr: No such host: dynamic
[May 24 01:42:54] WARNING[4722]: chan_sip.c:7595 transmit_register: Probably a DNS error for registration to 5001@dynamic, trying REGISTER again (after 20 seconds)

As seen above, the ATA fails to register with the Asterisk and calls fail with no route to destination.

Offline SARK devs

• +1/-0
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2009, 08:18:00 AM »
something is incorrect in your trunk definition.  it should look something like this (this is from one of our multitech gateways but the principle is the same)... Also, remove any registration string that the GeneralSIP template may have autocreated.

type=peer
host=dynamic
qualify=3000
canreinvite=no
username=myusername
secret=mysecret
disallow=all
allow=alaw
allow=ulaw

S
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 08:19:33 AM by selintra »

Offline apmuthu

• +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2009, 09:38:20 AM »
Exactly as directed.
Removed the Registration string that was autocreated by GeneralSIP Template.
Also removed the autocreated line fromuser=5001.

type=peer
host=dynamic
qualify=3000
canreinvite=no
username=5001
secret=mypwd
disallow=all
allow=alaw
allow=ulaw

Still same error.

Offline SARK devs

• +1/-0
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2009, 10:55:25 AM »
send your sip.conf file and extensions.conf file to admin@aelintra.com

Offline apmuthu

• +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2009, 03:23:21 PM »
graphic captcha doesn't show up still. Using the Audio means.

EMailed the conf files.

Offline SARK devs

• +1/-0
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2009, 10:03:03 PM »
graphic captcha doesn't show up still. Using the Audio means

You've told me this before.  Unfortunately I have no clue what it means.

Offline apmuthu

• +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2009, 01:22:59 PM »
Any newbie user of this forum (one with less than 10 posts) will be asked 2 challenge questions and a captcha to be filled in. The captcha does not show up and even if a new one is requested, it still does not show up. We have to use the Audio of the captcha to fill in the captcha field. As I now have more than 10 posts, this is not an issue for me anymore, though all newbies will still remain stumped.

Offline SARK devs

• +1/-0
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2009, 04:41:45 PM »
You need to report that on the SME bugtracker.  We aren't resposible for the forum, it is maintained by the SME server folks.