Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

No Out Going Audio - SOLVED

Offline Teviot

• +0/-0
No Out Going Audio - SOLVED
« on: November 23, 2008, 11:54:08 AM »
Well I'm stuck.  I have installed SAIL SME with no problem and can dial my UK base sip provider's echo test and hear that fine.  I can't seem to get my voice to be played back to me after speeking when prompted.  Also, I can't talk between extension locally. Dialing is not an issue.

The log entries are as follows

[Nov 24 15:25:01] NOTICE[4701] chan_sip.c: Peer '30134831' is now Reachable. (376ms / 2000ms)
[Nov 24 15:25:43] WARNING[4701] chan_sip.c: Maximum retries exceeded on transmission d430d577-c7a6cbae@192.168.76.43 for seqno 102 (Critical Response)
[Nov 24 15:25:43] WARNING[4701] chan_sip.c: Hanging up call d430d577-c7a6cbae@192.168.76.43 - no reply to our critical packet.

I don't know why but I'm thinking that this might be a codec issue

Please help
Teviot
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 07:06:05 AM by teviot »
Regards
M0GLJ
I am new to SAIL SME Server v8b6 and have been using SME for many years.
I have already done some research and only ask questions if I still can't work it out.

Offline Teviot

• +0/-0
Re: No Out Going Audio
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 08:04:25 AM »
Hi

Just tried a complete re-install and had the system talking both directions to my VOIP provider in the UK.  The added another trunk for an Australian VOIP account I have and the system stopped transmitting audio.

I really need help with this

Teviot
Regards
M0GLJ
I have already done some research and only ask questions if I still can't work it out.

Offline SARK devs

• +1/-0
    • http://sarkpbx.com
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 12:30:58 PM »
usually one-way sound is a reult of the localnet parameter being incorrectly set in the sip.conf header.

The default is 192.168.1.0

Also, if you are running server-only, then make sure you have the correct external ip address filled out in Globals

Usually one or both those two.

Best

S

Offline Teviot

• +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 01:19:35 AM »
Thank you selintra

I fixed that problem and audio is now flowing

Teviot
Regards
M0GLJ

Offline markleman

• +0/-0
    • http://www.leman.net
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2009, 02:48:20 AM »
usually one-way sound is a result of the localnet parameter being incorrectly set in the sip.conf header.

The default is 192.168.1.0

Ahhh... That fixed the problem I had with some Siemens Gigaset S685IP phones. They worked fine when connected directly to my internet Router (and registering with the SME box as remote phones) but not when inside my SME box (which is in server and gateway mode). Spent several evenings tearing my hair out till I spotted this answer.  :???:

Most frustrating because we have an almost identical system at work and it works fine, that system was supplied by Selintra and whilst their support has always been first class I did not feel it was reasonable to call them up for tech support on my home brew system  :P

Mark Leman

Offline David Harper

• +0/-0
  • Watch this space
    • Workgroup Technology Solutions
Re: No Out Going Audio - SOLVED
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2009, 01:46:52 AM »
Selintra, IMHO this setting in the sip.conf header should really be auto-adjusted by SAIL to match whatever the local settings are. SAIL is supposed to automate as much as possible, and this is something that deserves automation.