Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Need help with local dialing routes

Offline steve-o

• +0/-0
Need help with local dialing routes
« on: February 09, 2009, 07:35:08 AM »
Greetings,

I am currently setting up SAIL, but unsure how to handle local call routing.   (note: converting from trixbox)

I would like to be able to dial local #'s as 7 digits, XXX-XXXX, as you would from any other phone in the Louisville Metro area.

However, we have prefixes in both the 812 and 502 areacode.   I have a full list of which prefix goes to each area code - how can I set this up with sail so that it matches and either prepends the 502 or 812, as I the dial string I send to my provider is 10 digits XXX-XXX-XXXX (areacode + prefix + number). 

Some of the local numbers will be 812-XXX-XXXX while others will be 502-XXX-XXXX depending on what the prefix is. 

Thanks!

Steve

Offline SARK devs

• +1/-0
    • http://sarkpbx.com
Re: Need help with local dialing routes
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 08:57:52 AM »
Hi Steve

You can use the transformation mask if the 812-XXX numbers can be distinguished from the 502-XXX numbers.  If they can't, then I'm not sure it can be done automatically.  So...  lets assume (for sake of an example) that 502 numbers always start with a 2 and 812's always start with a 5 (i.e. 502-2XX-XXX & 812-5XX-XXX.  You can create a transformation mask like this...

2:5022 5:8125

The larger the potential number range within each area code then the more transform couplets you may need to include.  Transforms are ececuted from right to left and yu can have as many transforms as you like in the string.

S