Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

IVR - Setup Help Requested

Offline Teviot

• +0/-0
IVR - Setup Help Requested
« on: December 22, 2008, 01:16:44 PM »
Hi All

Have looked at the documentation located at http://aelintra.com/docs/cgi-bin/view/Main/SysVersion2Release1Issue14.

I would like to set up a IVR for my inbound trunks.  I seem to be able to fine the section on how to record a greeting or menu options.

Can someone please assist
Regards
M0GLJ
I am new to SAIL SME Server v8b6 and have been using SME for many years.
I have already done some research and only ask questions if I still can't work it out.

Offline SARK devs

• +1/-0
    • http://sarkpbx.com
Re: IVR - Setup Help Requested
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 02:50:10 PM »
draw an inverted tree of how you want your IVR to work.  In each IVR "leaf" you can respond to up to 12 different key presses - 0-9,#,*.   A leaf node (keypress) can drive an extension, queue, custom app or another IVR leaf. 

Once you have your drawing you can fill out the phrases you want when each leaf is activated (i.e. press 1 for sales, press 2 for accounts...and yada yada yada). 

Now you are ready to record your phrases.  Each phrase must be allocated a unique 4 digit number. Lets say you decide to use 5001 for your first phrase...

At any phone do *60*5001.  You will be asked for a password (this is the 4-digit KEYOPS password from globals - the default is 1111).  Follow the spoken instructions to record your phrase.  Now do the other phrases (giving each one a different number).  You can listen to a previously recorded phrase by doing *61*nnnn at any phone.

Now go to the IVR section of SAIL and create a new IVR.  At the top select the number of your reception (first) phrase and then fill out the choices in the button press fields.  It's all pretty self-explanatory.

Activate your IVR by choosing it for either the OPEN or CLOSED routes for the inbound trunk you wish to apply the IVR to (once crested, your IVR will auotomagically appear in the drop-down list).

S

Offline Teviot

• +0/-0
Re: IVR - Setup Help Requested
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2008, 09:34:48 AM »
S

Tried to dial   *60*5001   but the system just hung up on me.  Any suggestions?

UPDATE
-------

Changed the rule to which types of numbers each device can call.  Problem solved.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 08:12:18 AM by teviot »
Regards
M0GLJ
I am new to SAIL SME Server v8b6 and have been using SME for many years.
I have already done some research and only ask questions if I still can't work it out.