Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Caller ID on OpenVoxx analogue card

Offline d6hq

• +0/-0
Caller ID on OpenVoxx analogue card
« on: March 02, 2009, 02:38:36 PM »
My suppliers assure me that OpenVox analogue cards support inbound Caller ID yet our newly installed SAIL server does not appear to be picking up the Caller ID information as passing it on. We are receiving <unknown> in the caller display.

Do you need to switch caller id sensing on the Zap cards for it to work - if so where ?

I should add that this is for use with a standard BT line and that the necessary caller id service is on the line (checked with independent handset)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 02:42:18 PM by d6hq »
Not new to SME - we hack IBM Lotus Domino into it on a regular basis - but new to Sail

Offline SARK devs

• +1/-0
    • http://sarkpbx.com
Re: Caller ID on OpenVoxx analogue card
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 04:42:48 PM »
Analog caller-id varies from country to country and exchange to exchange.  However, for BT you need to include the following in the general section of zapata.conf...

Code: [Select]
usecallerid=yes
cidsignalling=v23 ; Added for UK CLI detection
cidstart=polarity ; Added for UK CLI detection

You will find the general section headers=>zapata.conf

Asterisk analogue CLI detection is not good.  Zaptel was really built for Bellcore type networks and it is always a bit of struggle getting it to behave.  With UK CLI  fitted you will lose the first 2 rings - i.e. the target extension will only ring on the third carrier ring.  Without patching zaptel, this can't be fixed.   

Kind REgards

S

Offline d6hq

• +0/-0
Re: Caller ID on OpenVoxx analogue card
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 06:30:36 PM »
Many thanks

That has cracked it
Not new to SME - we hack IBM Lotus Domino into it on a regular basis - but new to Sail