Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

HylaFax wont send via email

Offline axessit

• +0/-0
HylaFax wont send via email
« on: April 10, 2010, 04:29:20 PM »
I have Hylafax installed and can send faxes by using WinPrint client OK. Receiving faxes is also OK, get them by email to my inbox. Have a problem when I email a plain text file to receiver@1234567.fax - the email goes fine but I don't get any reply and the fax doesn't send.

Have set up another clean build test server and can send via email on that OK. Am wondering if the production server has a few extra contribs that might be a problem, as I had problems creating a user faxsender - as I noticed the test server created this OK. Did a yum remove HylaFax and it removed the two packages (Hylafax-4.4.4 and smeserver-hylafax), rebooted etc. But user still there. Had to manually remove user from accounts db. Then it all installed OK and created the faxsender user.

Have compared the test server, and it puts messages in the server's 'message' log when it sends via email, but the production doesn't show any messages.

Looking through Hylafax.org and contribs.org, am wondering if the fact I'm using procmail has anything to do with it (use that for vacation messages and some mail sorting scripts).

Any help appreciated - production and test server both running SME7.4.

Offline axessit

• +0/-0
Re: HylaFax wont send via email
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 04:34:20 PM »
But user still there.

Sorry- to clarify, as I noticed the user on the test server created in the User panel, it wasn't there on the production, so I tried to create it via the User panel, but got an error message "can't create, user marked for deletion" or something. Reboots etc didn't fix so after a few searches on forums managed to manually delete from the accounts database.

Offline Stefano

• +2/-0
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 04:43:54 PM »
AFAIR, since hylafax-4.4.x the mai2fax functionality is broken

Offline axessit

• +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 05:22:14 PM »
Well, what do you know. Uninstall Hylafax-4.4.4 and install Hylafax-4.3.4, reboot and all working.

Thanks Stephen. And what a quick reply for a very early Sunday morning....

Lesson for some, upgrading to the latest version isn't always good.

Offline Stefano

• +2/-0
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2010, 05:39:35 PM »
And what a quick reply for a very early Sunday morning..

well, saturday afternoon here ;-)

Offline nicolatiana

• +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010, 09:21:31 PM »
Have a look here:

http://wiki.contribs.org/HylaFax

there a few directions about the modifications needed to manage the latest 4.4.xx release of Hylafax. Some quotes:

To be able to send a fax by mailfax with the latest version of HylaFax (4.4.x-y and further - see the post [1] to see explained the problem you may encounter without modifications), edit the file: 
 nano -w /var/spool/hylafax/etc/mailfax
  Comment out the following lines, like: 
 ### /usr/bin/faxmail -f Helvetica-Bold | /usr/bin/sendfax \
 ### -f "$SENDER" \
 ### -n -d "$EXT2@`/usr/bin/expr \"$HOST\" : '\(.*\)\.fax$'`"
  Underneath the above lines add: 
 /usr/bin/faxmail -s a4 \
 -n -u uucp "$EXT2@`/usr/bin/expr \"$HOST\" : '\(.*\)\.fax$'`" \
 "$SENDER"

Bye

Nicola
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 09:26:03 PM by nicolatiana »
Consulente di Smeserver.it -  Soluzioni e supporto su Sme server in Italia.