Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

SME 7.4 + Kronolith

Offline ltwally

• +0/-0
SME 7.4 + Kronolith
« on: October 23, 2008, 08:28:51 PM »
I'm still very new to Kronolith... so my questions may seen noobish, but I have not seen a conclusive answer on the other Kronolith posts...

Will the SME Contrib of Kronolith for SME 7.4 have full read/write access for Sunbird/Lightning?  What about Outlook (2003?, 2007?) ?

Thanks!

Offline mrjhb3

• +0/-0
    • John Bennett Services

Offline ltwally

• +0/-0
Re: SME 7.4 + Kronolith
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 06:50:24 AM »
You'll note that mine was one of the replies on your first link, and my reply pointed to the second link.

So, again, please... Will the Kronolith Contrib for SME 7.4 allow write access for Sunbird?  Outlook?

Thank you.

Offline David Harper

• +0/-0
  • Watch this space
    • Workgroup Technology Solutions
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 08:05:54 AM »
According to the Horde wiki link, it looks like the later versions of Kronolith (2.2) support application-based creation of events calendars via ICS files. 2.2 is the version in smecontribs.

It looks like, from what the wiki contributor suggests, that Sunbird/Lightning will be able to write to Kronolith calendars. However, Outlook 2003 has no support for web-based calendars, while from what Microsoft says on Office Online, Outlook 2007 provides read-only support.

Offline mrjhb3

• +0/-0
    • John Bennett Services
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 03:24:37 PM »
You'll note that mine was one of the replies on your first link, and my reply pointed to the second link.

So, again, please... Will the Kronolith Contrib for SME 7.4 allow write access for Sunbird?  Outlook?

Thank you.

And you'll notice that I answered your question with the link to the other forum post.  If you want to load the beta pear module and test it, that would be great.  If it works, then you could write up the how-to. 

I am not the developer of the kronolith code, so you could certainly do a bit of research on the horde site or also join the kronolith mailing list and ask your question there.

John

Offline ltwally

• +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2008, 12:34:38 AM »
And you'll notice that I answered your question with the link to the other forum post.  If you want to load the beta pear module and test it, that would be great.  If it works, then you could write up the how-to. 

I am not the developer of the kronolith code, so you could certainly do a bit of research on the horde site or also join the kronolith mailing list and ask your question there.

John

Sorry - I just figured that, as the maintainer of the contrib, you would know.  Especially since a lot of this seems heavily dependant not on just Kronolith, but on what features are compiled into the contrib for SME (such as the PEAR software).

Offline mrjhb3

• +0/-0
    • John Bennett Services
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2008, 03:02:01 AM »
Sorry - I just figured that, as the maintainer of the contrib, you would know.  Especially since a lot of this seems heavily dependant not on just Kronolith, but on what features are compiled into the contrib for SME (such as the PEAR software).

The pear software is not compiled into the contrib.  The three pear modules needed for kronolith are created separately.  I just made sure smeserver-kronolith was dependent on them.

John