Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

(SOLVED) EGroupWare - Admin can not make new user accounts.

Offline arne

• +0/-4
(SOLVED) EGroupWare - Admin can not make new user accounts.
« on: September 03, 2008, 05:47:06 PM »
Hello !

I have installed the EGroupWare contrib according to the instructions in the wiki.

Most things seems to be working ok when testing them out from my admin account, exept one thing..

When the admin account make a new user this first seems to be working ok.. but truing to use the new account for loging in just gives a message that the new account does not have access. I think also the automatic generated demo accounts does not give a log on.

Does anybodu know if there is any special procedure needed for adding new user accounts (that will work) when logged in as the administrator ??

Best reg Arne.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 06:11:12 PM by arne »

Offline arne

• +0/-4
Re: (SOLVED) EGroupWare - Admin can not make new user accounts.
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 06:14:23 PM »
In the same second I sendt the question to the forum, I realized the answer. (After first thinking it over for a day or two without success.)

When I first added the new user as a system acount at the sme server and then as a user account at the EGroupWare installation, then the new EGroupWare account worked.

Offline janet

• +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 06:26:57 PM »
arne

The current "contribs" version of egroupware automatically adds users who are already in sme server.

You need to login the first time to egroupware as a existing sme user.
You will be denied access as per the message you mention, but the user will have been automatically added to egroupware.

Then you login as admin and enable that user ie allow them to have acces in egroupware user setup (you do this as the admin user).
Then the user can login to egroupware OK using their sme password.

Please search before asking, an answer may already exist.
The Search & other links to useful information are at top of Forum.

Offline arne

• +0/-4
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 08:32:51 PM »
OK. Thanks a lot. I thin I read something about it in the wiki, or somewhere else, but I were not able to remember it before I had posted the question. By the way EGroupWare for SME server seemt to be working very well with with gight and good integration with e-mail etc. Have been using an old version of PHProjekt for years, and think I will change over now :)