Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

can't get dungog-getmail to get email.

Offline hgr

• +0/-0
can't get dungog-getmail to get email.
« on: August 10, 2008, 12:18:00 AM »
Hi.

I have installed dungog-getmail, but when I click the poll link I does absolutely nothing.

I have manually checked the installation, logged in as root, and the CGI scripts are there, the configuration files are there.
The information in the getmailrc configuration file is correct.

I have even manually edited the [options] verbose = 0 to verbose = 2, so everything is logged by getmail.

But nothing happens its like getmail is never executed.

have anybody had similar issues with dungog-getmail?

Offline william_syd

• +0/-0
  • Nothing to see here.
    • http://www.magicwilly.info
Re: can't get dungog-getmail to get email.
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 01:42:48 AM »
Isn't that a commercial product?

Maybe you should email dungog support directly.

Regards,
William

IF I give advise.. It's only if it was me....

Offline hgr

• +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 01:49:08 AM »
It is a commercial product.

I have asked support, (no answer)

Stephen who is behind this is also a contributor to contribs.org as I understand, and a member of this forum.
Commercial or not, there may be others who have this problem, thats why I am asking here as well.

I have been trying now for 2 days know to get it to work, so I am getting a little desparate. :-)

Offline slords

• +3/-0
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 02:37:34 AM »
This is a commercial product and it isn't appropriate to ask for support here.  Contact Stephen and if he doesn't respond keep trying.  He is the only one that can help you.
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs,
and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning." -- Rich Cook

Offline hgr

• +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2008, 12:56:41 PM »
I am deeply shocked.

I thought this was a community, where people are supposed to help each other, with issues based around the SME Server.
Just because the product is a commercial product, does not mean that other people may not have experience with it.

Whats wrong with helping people out commercial or not. After all its all GPL?  :?

Offline Franco

• +0/-0
    • http://contribs.org
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2008, 05:39:16 PM »
I use this product, works OK!
You should look at the logs, the panel has a link for you check, then see what's not working.