Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

ImageMagick

Offline ElFroggio

• +0/-0
ImageMagick
« on: April 21, 2008, 08:50:41 PM »
Hi,

I am trying to use ImageMagick, and I am doing something not right.
yum search imagemagic shows:
Code: [Select]
ImageMagick.i386                         6.0.7.1-17.el4_6.1     installedBut when I do a locate ImageMagick after doing a fresh updatedb, I can't find the binaries.

I saw a thread that mentioned:
yum --enablerepo=base --enablerepo=updates install ImageMagickand I get:
==============================================================
WARNING: Additional commands may be required after running yum
==============================================================
Loading "smeserver" plugin
Loading "fastestmirror" plugin
Loading "installonlyn" plugin
Setting up Install Process
Setting up repositories
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
Reading repository metadata in from local files
Excluding Packages from CentOS - updates
Finished
Excluding Packages from CentOS - os
Finished
Parsing package install arguments
Nothing to do

Any suggestion?

Offline cactus

• +3/-0
    • http://www.snetram.nl
Re: ImageMagick
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 08:57:28 PM »
Any suggestion?
Yes, in fact two:
1. Search through your path environment variable and will give you the location of the file if it can find it in it:
which convert
2. Lists the content of the ImageMagick contrib and will give you the location of the convert executable:
rpm -ql ImageMagick | grep convert
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than its worth ~ Baz Luhrmann - Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen)

Offline ElFroggio

• +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 09:17:06 PM »
Yes, in fact two:
1. Search through your path environment variable and will give you the location of the file if it can find it in it:
which convert
2. Lists the content of the ImageMagick contrib and will give you the location of the convert executable:
rpm -ql ImageMagick | grep convert

Yes convert is there: I am trying to run Serependity and it has found properly convert, but is=t asks for the ImageMagick binary. Are you saying that convert is the actual binary?

Thanks

Offline cactus

• +3/-0
    • http://www.snetram.nl
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2008, 09:25:46 PM »
Yes convert is there: I am trying to run Serependity and it has found properly convert, but is=t asks for the ImageMagick binary. Are you saying that convert is the actual binary?

Thanks
Yes most likely it is as there is no such thing as the imagick or ImageMagick binary. Are you sure your application is asking for a specific repository or the folder where it can find the different ImageMagick binaries?
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than its worth ~ Baz Luhrmann - Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen)