Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Howto install a TDM410P ?

Offline NetDreamer

• +0/-0
Re: Howto install a TDM410P ?
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2008, 05:12:05 AM »
There is an expression that goes -

When you find yourself in a hole - STOP digging!

I'm now past the point of no return (for me at least) - am now re-installing from scratch.
At least this way I will be back to a completley standard install.
Regards
Brian

Offline NetDreamer

• +0/-0
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2008, 10:42:39 AM »
I have now completed a fresh install.

This then recognised the card but would go no further - ie I could see the channels in the server manager but could not use them.

I then updated the whole thing using server manager. This then took me back to where I started. The system did not recognise the card at all.

Error: Missing Dependency: zaptel = 1:1.4.9.2-48.el4 is needed by package zaptel-kmdl-2.6.9-67.0.1.EL

this may be caused by the following line in the update manager.

warning: only V3 signatures can be verified, skipping V4 signature
warning: package kernel = 2.6.9-67.0.7.EL was already added, replacing with kernel <= 2.6.9-78.0.1.EL

and this

Installing: kernel-smp                   ##################### [105/363]Warning: Module zaptel.ko from kernel 2.6.9-67.0.1.ELsmp has no modversions, so it cannot be reused for kernel 2.6.9-78.0.1.ELsmp

Updating  : kmod-ppp                     ##################### [122/363]FATAL: Could not open '/boot/System.map-2.6.9-67.0.7.EL': No such file or directory

it appears as if the updates replace / delete  the files

Also on this site I read that the TDM410 needs a later version of SAIL than the 617 currently installed- do i need to install a later rpm? Which version is recomended ?

If so, do I need to put file into any particular directory before installing via YUM ?

Offline NetDreamer

• +0/-0
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2008, 04:06:54 PM »
System now working with TDM 410
Brief steps undertaken -

fresh install from version sme-sail-617 iso
update server from console manager (card no longer recognised)
yum localinstall sail-version
yum install gcc
yum install kernal-devel
configure, make & install latest zaptel drivers
reboot
in server-manager - probe card, stop card, start card
done. :-)

extensions do not show up in operator panel on my system. :?

Offline SARK devs

• +1/-0
    • http://sarkpbx.com
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2008, 04:20:50 PM »
Hi there

What you have done will work but it isn't recommended.  In general it isn't a good idea to install a dev environment (which is what you've effectively done) onto SME, at least not onto a production box.

The rpms do work, all you had to do was to remove zaptel and zaptel-kmdl before reinstalling them (which would pick up the latest kernal versions).

I was working on a script for you but since you are now running, I will turn it into a yum upgrade howto for the wiki  because it is confusing.  However, I really don't advise/recommend running a dev environment on a production box.

ZAP extensions don't show up in operator panel. You are correct, they don't at the moment.  It is something that we are looking at and will address in the next few releases.

Kind Regards

Offline NetDreamer

• +0/-0
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2008, 12:39:50 AM »
Thanks for the advice.

I will remove gcc and kernal-dev - They were only installed because i did not know any other way to install new zaptel drivers.

Thankyou once again.

Regards

Brian

Offline Bud

• +0/-0
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2009, 07:06:44 PM »
hi guys hope you can help

i am using sme 7.4 with asterisk/freepbx installed. i have a tdm410p and fxo board in my server (running in server/gateway mode with 2 nics)

my problem is that i have 2 softphones installed on 2 windowz xp boxes and they are reconised by the extensions i created. i cannot make or receive any outside calls. when my sme 7.4 server boots i can see that it loads the dahdi tools and drivers. how can i see if my tdm410p is recognised by the freepbx server

any help greatly appreciated  :smile: