Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

[SOLVED] SME as a KVM guest, openvpn bridge, connection established, cannot ping

Offline iltasu

• +0/-0
Hello, I setup a SME server as a kvm (virtual machine) guest, the host is a Ubuntu Gutsy server, on the host I made a bridge between eth0 and br0 to let guests have their own ip address, the SME server guest works well (I've given to the eth0 virtual interface inside the guest a static ip configuration in the same subnet as the host), I can access it, from any computer in the same network (can ping both the host and the guest, and can access the web manager of the sme guest), I installed the contrib from http://sme.firewall-services.com/spip.php?rubrique3 (the 1.2 beta), configured it (both server and a client), then from another place I tried the vpn, the client connects (Initialization sequence completed), the client recieves a ip address in the same subnet of the SME Server, but I'm not able to ping any computer in that subnet, not even the SME Server that "authenticated" the vpn client ...
How can I resolve this problem?

Thanks for the answers.
Gabriele
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 03:15:36 PM by iltasu »

Offline iltasu

• +0/-0
Don't mind, I found the problem, I just forgot to set the "set VPN server as default gateway" option in the advanced options!