Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

uPNP A/V - DLNA

Offline askelon

• +0/-0
Re: uPNP A/V - DLNA
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2008, 07:09:10 AM »
Twonky isnt overly cpu intensive.  Ive been running it for years on my server (an old Duron 800) with no problems.  I only play music via it though (Netgear MP101). Well worth the price as well btw :)

Offline tec

• +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2008, 07:12:02 PM »
TEC;

Sounds like a how to or an expansion of your comments would be helpful.

Ian

Hi Ian,
the Setup was really straightforward:
I enabled the Dag repo, and then installed ushare. After that i had to adjust the the ushare.conf and then start it. An alternative would be to ssh on your server and start ushare manually and then connect via the webinterface and make your adjustments.
http://ushare.geexbox.org/

After that I had to google a bit to find a sys-init startscript and then make all the symlinks.
I noticed the following drawback, when you copy files to the share UPNP-Published Share it will not update the list, therefore the service needs to be restarted via ssh or the webinterface. The webinterface has the drawback that if it is accessible one could change the path of the Published Folder to "/" therefore i locked the webinterface that one could use it.
I am sorry that I cannot offer a better howto, because after a certain time i uninstalled ushare because I got NFS on my SME-Server to work and Geexbox works flawless with Sme-Server.
Hope this will helps, if something remained unclear please ask  :-)

Offline sekt

• +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2009, 10:29:49 PM »
I am trying to instal ushare on sme 7.4, but haw do i start it.
can anyone write a commandline sample.

I use skype, contact me at 'svenn-erik'