Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

downgrade mysql

Offline jameswilson

• +0/-0
    • Security Warehouse, trade security equipment
downgrade mysql
« on: January 13, 2008, 02:27:35 AM »
hi
My sme has been fantastic but i recently upgraded from 7.2 to 7.3 and this broke my zen cart that i run in an ibay.

Upgrading zen is the thing to do but this isnt something i can 'just do' and i need to plan etc.
Im wondering if as a stop gap i can down grade mysql back to whatever it was and maybe php too.

If this is impossibly hard or i risk other problems ill just have to rush through the zen upgrade but im hoping....

Thanks for any insight

James

Offline byte

• +2/-0
Re: downgrade mysql
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2008, 01:18:02 PM »
Upgrading zen is the thing to do but this isnt something i can 'just do' and i need to plan etc.
Im wondering if as a stop gap i can down grade mysql back to whatever it was and maybe php too.

What makes you say it's either mysql and/or php ? Theres not much difference between the 7.3 mysql version 4.1.20-3 and 7.2 mysql version of 4.1.20-2 and the php in 7.3 is 4.3.9-3.22.9 and the 7.2 php version is 4.3.9-3.22.5

I'll move this to the contribs forum.
--[byte]--

Have you filled in a Bug Report over @ http://bugs.contribs.org ? Please don't wait to be told this way you help us to help you/others - Thanks!

Offline jameswilson

• +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2008, 01:26:47 PM »
oh right well i get
1054 Unknown column 'U' in 'where clause'
in:
[ SELECT zone_id FROM dbzen_zones_to_geo_zones WHERE geo_zone_id = 10 AND zone_country_id = U ORDER BY zone_id ]
If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

but only happens sometimes but always on the same queries. These worked 15 mins before the 7.3 upgrade as i was checking some accounts. Maybe its a setting then that has been changed as part of the upgrade in the config? I have chnaged nothing in zen. I hoped a restart woud fix it as i noticed this after the upgrade but before the reconfigure (thats how often im in that part lol)

James

Offline jameswilson

• +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 06:12:30 PM »
ok then seen as it appears impossible to do this, how about a rollback to 7.2? I know that worked ok?

Is there an easy way to roll back? Or a hard way?

James

Offline byte

• +2/-0
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 07:54:12 PM »
Is there an easy way to roll back? Or a hard way?

There is no roll back feature (NFR ?) Unfortunately it looks like the hard way.  There is one other option but I have no idea how this will affect your system in long run, you could download the packages that worked in 7.2 and use the --oldpackage parameter when using rpm to install.

Again I don't know how this will leave your system; affect your system when doing updates. (That's my disclaimer ') )
--[byte]--

Have you filled in a Bug Report over @ http://bugs.contribs.org ? Please don't wait to be told this way you help us to help you/others - Thanks!

Offline warren

• +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2008, 08:55:37 PM »
1054 Unknown column 'U' in 'where clause'
in:
[ SELECT zone_id FROM dbzen_zones_to_geo_zones WHERE geo_zone_id = 10 AND zone_country_id = U ORDER BY zone_id ]

This seems like purely a mysql error in that the select statement is not finding a column called 'U' in the table;

Logon as root , from console or via putty:

Code: [Select]
[root@whatever ~]# mysql dbname
Where dbname is the name of the zen database;

Then check the columns in the table : dbzen_zones_to_geo_zones

Code: [Select]
mysql>SHOW COLUMNS FROM dbzen_zones_to_geo_zones ;
Check  the columns reported against what you have in your select statement.

Is the select statement generated / saved / created by yourself, or is this called from an existing script within the zen suite ?

Did you inadvertently update zen at some stage ?

warren

Offline jameswilson

• +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2008, 11:44:26 PM »
Thanks
I have run the query and the names are correct but the county code is an integer data type, im guessing thats why the U fails, and no i havnt updated anything in zen. It was working before the upgrade and stopped during the upgrade. I hoped the reconfigure would fix it but alas no. What i cant understand is if that is the query being asked for then its bound to fail, or does the U mean something else. The query is part of the admin on stock zen. There are issues like this when using mysql 5 appertly if that helps.
Obvioulsy the rollback / downgrade would be the idea but there were loads of packages.
Im thinking of downloading a 7.2 cd and building a new server and restoring from a backup.

Offline byte

• +2/-0
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2008, 11:49:18 PM »
Sorry mysql is not my bag, have you asked in a mysql specific forum ?
--[byte]--

Offline jameswilson

• +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2008, 11:51:30 PM »
im assuming its a mysql thing i suppose i could be completly in the wrong area. Im wondering also if any of the configs would have been altered between 7.2 and 7.3?

Offline byte

• +2/-0
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2008, 11:57:23 PM »
im assuming its a mysql thing i suppose i could be completly in the wrong area. Im wondering also if any of the configs would have been altered between 7.2 and 7.3?

Nothing I can think of, is it possible to do a test install on a clean 7.3 and see if zen still persists with the issue your seeing ? Don't suppose any of your logs gives you any clues ?

I would normally say raise a bug but because you have a third party package its difficult as first thing we would ask is do you have an issue with webmail which also uses mysql.
--[byte]--

Offline jameswilson

• +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2008, 12:03:46 AM »
To be honest i havnt looked at the logs, for 2 reasons. 1 Im unsure what to look for, and also where would it log?

I have checked webmail and it seems fine but everything is fine apart from certain payment types in admin of zen.

Id assume a new version of zen wouldnt have this problem...maybe lol

I cant see its worth logging a bug report as im only assuming with my limited knowledge its the update but it has already been said that the chnages between shouldnt affect anything so im now thinking it must be something else.

Offline warren

• +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2008, 06:55:07 AM »
what version of zen are u running ?

Offline william_syd

• +0/-0
  • Nothing to see here.
    • http://www.magicwilly.info
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2008, 12:46:27 PM »
broke my zen cart

Did you follow a how-to for the Zen cart install?
Regards,
William

IF I give advise.. It's only if it was me....

Offline jameswilson

• +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2008, 03:31:59 PM »
it was an error in the cart, not a sme thing at all. I assumed it was a sql error but i forgot i updated something else (a credit card payment module) just before the move to sme 7.3. Shows you i should trust sme as it has never ever been at fault.

Many thanks again and sorry for wasting everyones time

James

Offline byte

• +2/-0
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2008, 05:02:05 PM »
Glad you got it sorted  :cool:
--[byte]--