Offline 7eis

• +0/-0
torrentflux contrib from dungog - symlink to /user/home/torrent/
« on: December 16, 2007, 03:17:55 PM »
files are saved under /opt by default
for easier access to downloads cd into a directory, then make a symlink
cd /home/e-smith/files/ibays/data/files/downloads
ls -s /opt/torrentflux/html/downloads

I want to do the above, but with users home-dir instead of an ibay.
I did the following, and the symlink works fine - for root.
Code: [Select]
ln -s /opt/torrentflux/html/downloads/ben /home/e-smith/files/users/ben/home/torrentUsers see an empty folder, and my best shot is that I have to chown the files in /opt/torrentflux/html/downloads/user to a specific user, while keeping them a part of the www-group (chown -R user:www torrentfluxuserdir). I have had no luck with this though. Is it even possible?

cheers
7eis

EDIT: Ok, I only checked if it worked using FTP at first - samba does very well with the symlinks, and user can pull files without any trouble. I'll see if chown'ing the /opt/app/userdata to user:www will allow users to upload files to the server. I'll let you know (and possibly edit the wiki when someone confirms this is a safe thing to do). Cheers again :)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 03:24:20 PM by 7eis »

Offline 7eis

• +0/-0
Re: torrentflux contrib from dungog - symlink to /user/home/torrent/
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 02:25:18 AM »
I figured moving the individual users torrentflux-directory into their /home/ is a better solution as the amount of files the individual user can store is now limited by the server-manager manageable panel. This way all problems are solved. This solution will not allow singel induviduals to fill up the server either 8)