Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

3 Remote Offices - 3 Sme Servers - how to vpn?

Offline marcellov

• +0/-0
3 Remote Offices - 3 Sme Servers - how to vpn?
« on: November 20, 2007, 07:34:46 PM »
Hello to all,
here my situation:
i have 3 remote offices (A-B-C). each with a Sme (server+gw+danguardian) and connected to internet with adsl 24mb.

my objective are:
connect each remote branch each another, so the machines of each office can see resources (pc,printers,shares) of other offices.

what is the right approach to do that? freeswan, openvpn, any suggestion will be appreciated,
thanks.

Offline mmccarn

• +10/-0
Re: 3 Remote Offices - 3 Sme Servers - how to vpn?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 01:38:10 AM »

Offline sal1504

• +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2007, 06:51:52 PM »
I use smeserver for the servers, but for the vpn i use netgear vpn routers. This is just a throw back to when I was using Microsoft and Novell for servers and old habits die hard. I use the smeserver in server mode only and netgear Prosafe VPN FVS338 for the corporate site. For the remote sites I use the netgear Prosafe VPN FVS318 or the FVS114. These are set in a hub/spoke configuration. See Netgears website for the spoke/hub configuration. I have excellent stability and can access all resource at any site. I have just started testing the SMEServer configurations for gateways, vpns, etc. 

Offline Knuddi

• +0/-0
    • http://www.scanmailx.com
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2007, 08:36:12 PM »
I have 4 remotes sites and ended up connecting all through Smoothwall based boxes. I had all sites connected via OpenVPN initially but always had to configure routes for new boxes. My Smoothwalls are working just perfectly.

Offline jdavey

• +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2007, 09:59:45 PM »
Knuddi is right - I have had configurations of 11 - 20 sites connected with smoothwall boxes. Simple, safe and rocksolid.