Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Ring patterns on extensions.

Offline Chriswilliams

• +0/-0
Ring patterns on extensions.
« on: October 04, 2007, 11:37:12 AM »
I want to have a number of ring patterns on my extensions.

I can set up an alias to ring a number of extensions, but I can find no way of changing the pattern of rings.

Whant I want to do is:

IVR select 1 or 2 or 3
   For each response there is an alias with a number of extensions.
   Each alias has a particular ring pattern so the users know which IVR selection was made.

Can anybody help?

Chris.

Offline SARK devs

• +1/-0
    • http://sarkpbx.com
Re: Ring patterns on extensions.
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2007, 01:13:32 PM »
HI Chris,

There is no easy way to indicate in a SIP packet, which ringtone you want the phone to play (which annoys a lot of people because conventional switches can all play different ring tones for different kinds of call).

However, you CAN do it, with a little bit of tomfoolery and a SIP phone which supports multiple presences /lines.

Set up Identity1 on the phone as normal (normal extension etc etc.)  Then set up identity2 at a different extension (you may have to configure this manually unles you absolutely understand the phone's provisioning parameters - make sure you DON'T put the phones mac address in the SAIL extension).

Now the phone has two numbers/extensions.  In ecah identity, choose a different ring tone.

Set up two aliases for the phone/group of phones - one for internal and one for external (or whatever you want).

All done.  You can now generate two different rings for each phone.

best

S

Offline Chriswilliams

• +0/-0
Re: Ring patterns on extensions.
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2007, 02:13:05 PM »
Thanks for the info.

I will implement as you suggest.

Regards,

Chris.