Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

4 Minute delay connecting to port 25 on sme server.

Offline zhowser

• +0/-0
4 Minute delay connecting to port 25 on sme server.
« on: August 27, 2007, 09:22:41 PM »
I posted this under 6.x since that is the version i am using but figured this might not be version specific so posted it here also to see if anyone else has seen this problem.

My problem is that it is taking just under 4 minutes for the sme server to respond on port 25.  I have tested with telnet and have also increased my timeout on mail client to allow me to send emails.  I have spent all morning searching forums for similar problems but nothing is working.  Disabling spamassassin and antivirus doesn't change anything so I turned them back on.  I took over this position and have never used this sme server program so have no idea where to begin to problem solve this.

Any help would be appreciated.  I have 30+ users waiting for me to fix this issue.

Offline soprom

• +0/-0
    • www.logiciel-libre.org
Re: 4 Minute delay connecting to port 25 on sme server.
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 04:20:50 AM »
You might explain a bit further what the problem is...
Is it sudden, or following a change?
Sophie from Montréal

Offline zhowser

• +0/-0
Re: 4 Minute delay connecting to port 25 on sme server.
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 04:15:28 PM »
This was sudden just came in from the weekend and it wasn't working.  Was working perfectly fine friday.  Not sure if there has been any changes since I just let it run hoping nothing will happen for a few more months when we change from hosting our own mail and website.