Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

fetchmail on messages already seen once

Offline zoran

• +0/-0
fetchmail on messages already seen once
« on: August 19, 2007, 10:25:39 PM »
I am using the fetchmail contriba and it seems to be working well so far, but I have about 20 emails I accidentally deleted while settgin up fetchmail.

Is there anyway I can make fetchmail download those messages again?  Right now it seems to be grabbing only the new inbound messages.

Offline cactus

• +3/-0
    • http://www.snetram.nl
Re: fetchmail on messages already seen once
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2007, 11:05:58 PM »
I am using the fetchmail contriba and it seems to be working well so far, but I have about 20 emails I accidentally deleted while settgin up fetchmail.

Is there anyway I can make fetchmail download those messages again?  Right now it seems to be grabbing only the new inbound messages.
If fetchmail did not delete them (what it might do based on your configuration) you might trying to set them to not read if you have webmail access to the mailbox you are trying to open, otherwise I do not knowif it is possible.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than its worth ~ Baz Luhrmann - Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen)

Offline zoran

• +0/-0
Re: fetchmail on messages already seen once
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2007, 11:27:07 PM »
You were almost correct...  I should have mentioned it was a gmail account, and it seems gmail doesn't honor commands to delete email that was read.  Turns out it worked in my favor since all I had to do was disable POP access to my gmail account and them reenable it.  Once it was done, fetchmail grabbed it normally.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Z