Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

What happened to smeserver.org?

Offline reubanks

• +0/-0
What happened to smeserver.org?
« on: July 13, 2007, 12:35:06 AM »
I'm sorry if this has been discussed. I have searched but can't find the answer or even anyone discussing this but...

What the heck happened to www.smeserver.org? It has been down for some time (looks up, but try to refresh or follow a link and it dies.) On the contribs.org page it says that contribs.org is the new home.

WHAT HAPPENED? If smeserver.org is still out there then why not fix the database problem and keep using it? Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks, Randy

Offline raem

• +4/-0
Re: What happened to smeserver.org?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 02:14:07 AM »
reubanks

>... www.smeserver.org? It has been down for some time (looks up, but try to refresh or follow a link and it dies.)

Please report it to the bugtracker under web site category.

Offline reubanks

• +0/-0
OK, fine.
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2007, 04:20:50 AM »
Are you telling me that nobody has gone to the website for several weeks and nobody involved with the website has noticed that the database keeps going down?

The point is that it's obvious that the website has major problems. I was just asking if anyone here knew why. I wasn't reporting a problem (yes, I see the text in red at the top of this page :roll: as that's kind of like pulling to the side of the road to see a car that's burning to the ground and asking the guy standing there watching it with tears in his eyes if he is having any difficulties.  :wink:

But I digress. I'll go and post the question to bugtracker, but I get the feeling they already know about it. It's probably why they put up the text on contribs.org that says it is the new home for smeserver.

Randy

Offline gregswallow

• +1/-0
Re: OK, fine.
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2007, 05:50:34 AM »
Quote from: "reubanks"
Are you telling me that nobody has gone to the website for several weeks and nobody involved with the website has noticed that the database keeps going down?

Sorry, I didn't know it was down.  Since I know it hasn't been updated in a while, it's not a site I check every day.  I did  know it was down completely for a couple days, but thought it was back up and running as I just looked at the first page.  The problem where you clicked on a link and it gave you an error was caused by a corrupted table in the database.

And I fixed it 20 minutes after you reported it in the bug tracker so maybe someone should have reported it sooner :-P

I'm not sure what is going to happen with tha site.  I think the very little info that's there could be blended into the wiki.  If someone wants to take on that task go right ahead, but just first make a bug report to discuss it a little first.  Thanks,

Greg