Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

why do i have to keep rejoining the sme domain

Offline r2ks

• +0/-0
why do i have to keep rejoining the sme domain
« on: July 02, 2007, 10:17:15 PM »
Hello everyone i have a quick question i have finally gotten My ubuntu laptop to Join the sme Domain and it works Great my question is why do i keep getting dropped from the domain and have to do a net rpc Join very Strange i have even had to go to the Sme Console and do a smbpasswd -a -m Clientname$ .
Thanks

Offline cactus

• +3/-0
    • http://www.snetram.nl
Re: why do i have to keep rejoining the sme domain
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 02:31:32 AM »
Quote from: "r2ks"
Hello everyone i have a quick question i have finally gotten My ubuntu laptop to Join the sme Domain and it works Great my question is why do i keep getting dropped from the domain and have to do a net rpc Join very Strange i have even had to go to the Sme Console and do a smbpasswd -a -m Clientname$ .
Thanks
SME Server is mainly geared to Windows clients and not to *nix clients, many users have requested so and suggestions have been made in the forums, but unfortunately no development has been in that direction so far.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than its worth ~ Baz Luhrmann - Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen)