Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

eGroupware upgrade to 1.4

Offline Peasant

• +2/-0
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2007, 04:23:15 PM »
I was to fast with copying the test database in the new rpm.
So I've fixed the naming with new version 1.4-7

Many thanks. Glad to have been of some help.
Jim

Offline imcintyre

• +0/-0
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2007, 07:51:53 PM »
Berdie

I saw that you had made a 1.4.7 so I started over phpmyadmin deleted my database, removed the other evidence of 1.4.6

I wget'd 1.4.7 and yum localinstalled it. Some installing occurred. I signal event pust upgrade and reboot.

I was denied access to https/myserver/egroupware/setup. I went into phpmyadmin and there was no egroupware database. I putty's in as root and there was not directory under /opt for egroupware.

I tried removing it and it said there was nothing to do. I tried to download again and yum localinstall and it said it was already completed.

Something has gone off the rails. Any ideas or do you need anything more from me to help.

Thx for your help so far.
Ian

Offline timb

• +0/-0
    • http://www.tbitc.com
imcintyre observations confirmed - overcome, no admin access
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2007, 07:28:56 AM »
Hi
I saw exactly the same thing as imcintyre. Including the remove and reinstall as described. However, I tried more than once and was successful.

I yum removed the package and then yum localinstalled again and everything worked as advertised

I then entered setup , creating an admin account using the server admin password as advised elsewhere.

After this my user could log straight into egroupware (the excitement levels peaked ) but the admin account would not let me in.

Went back to setup, created another admin account with a unique name (localadmin) and still could not login,

Therefore I cannot configure the applications that my user account sees - or anything much else

Good progress on this rpm though... well done so far :D

Offline berdie

• +0/-0
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2007, 01:16:13 PM »
I don't know the yum problems, but usually it should work to remove old rpms. Please don't give up, it goes!
It's time to clarify the admin users. There are 3 different admin users, and all have the name "admin":
- the SME Admin (standard)
- the setup/config admin for eGW
- the header admin for eGW
After installing the eGW rpm, you should run https://MYSERVER/egroupware/setup and login with the setup/config admin + password= "admin".
When logged in, please create the  NEW user "admin" (which is the SME Admin) and give this user the same password as SME admin. Click to "Back to user login" and start eGW with this new created user "admin". Now you should use eGW with the SME Admin user and should configure the eGW apps and view admin mails.

Rgds.
Dietmar

Offline cool34000

• +0/-0
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2007, 03:05:08 PM »
Hi all,

Quote from: "berdie"
Now you should use eGW with the SME Admin user
In fact you can use any existing account of SME to be eGroupWare's admin when using IMAP...
Because of the special role (and rights) of the 'admin' account, I will suggest to use another account...

My 2 cents
Sylvain

Offline imcintyre

• +0/-0
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2007, 07:39:31 PM »
Perhaps I am doing something wrong but can't see the forest (forrest?)...

If someone can please help, I would appreciate it.

[root@server1 opt]# ls
dar2-mc  groupoffice  phpmyadmin  smeserver-egroupware-1.4-7.noarch.rpm
[root@server1 opt]# yum localinstall smeserver-egroupware-1.4-7.noarch.rpm
==============================================================
WARNING: Additional commands may be required after running yum
Loading "fastestmirror" plugin
Loading "smeserver" plugin
Setting up Local Package Process
Examining smeserver-egroupware-1.4-7.noarch.rpm: smeserver-egroupware - 1.4-7.noarch
smeserver-egroupware-1.4-7.noarch.rpm: does not update installed package.
Nothing to do
================================================================
No new rpms were installed. No additional commands are required.
[root@server1 opt]# yum remove smeserver-egroupware-1.4-7.noarch.rpm
WARNING: Additional commands may be required after running yum
Loading "fastestmirror" plugin
Loading "smeserver" plugin
Setting up Remove Process
No Match for argument: smeserver-egroupware-1.4-7.noarch.rpm
No Packages marked for removal
No new rpms were installed. No additional commands are required.
[root@server1 opt]#

Offline timb

• +0/-0
    • http://www.tbitc.com
no admin login
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2007, 08:03:55 AM »
Quote from: "berdie"
I don't know the yum problems, but usually it should work to remove old rpms. Please don't give up, it goes!
It's time to clarify the admin users. There are 3 different admin users, and all have the name "admin":
- the SME Admin (standard)
- the setup/config admin for eGW
- the header admin for eGW
After installing the eGW rpm, you should run https://MYSERVER/egroupware/setup and login with the setup/config admin + password= "admin".
When logged in, please create the  NEW user "admin" (which is the SME Admin) and give this user the same password as SME admin. Click to "Back to user login" and start eGW with this new created user "admin". Now you should use eGW with the SME Admin user and should configure the eGW apps and view admin mails.

Rgds.
Dietmar

Hi,
Yes I got it to go.

I have installed egroupware onto sme servers and others since egroupware 0.9? - I am familiar with the different logins for the config, header  and user.

What I am seeing here is that after creating the admin user and setting the admin password = to the sme server admin password - all sme users can access egroupware EXCEPT admin

From there I have attempted to create alternate admin accounts such as one called localadmin so that I may configure the preferences and applications for users. Sadly I cannot login as admin in the user login at all.

Perhaps I am the only one seeing this?

timb

Offline imcintyre

• +0/-0
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2007, 02:57:30 PM »
I have egroupware v1.4  installed on another server and it is working fine with just one install.

I have tried on my homeserver as per my previous post 5 times now so I don't think it is going to work. So somehow I have screwed up my home server egroupware with an improper uninstall or install.

Yum appears to think it has installed but it hasn't. Is there something I need to reset or change. This is not exactly what this post is about so I will make another.

Thx for your help.

Offline berdie

• +0/-0
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2007, 04:55:53 PM »
What about rpm-commands instead of yum?
You can uninstall an rpm with "rpm -e", which means in your case "rpm -e smeserver-egroupware".

Dietmar

Offline imcintyre

• +0/-0
« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2007, 07:08:23 PM »
berdie

Thx, I will give it a try. Also to stop clogging this post with my bs, I opened up http://forums.contribs.org/index.php?topic=37663.0. I will let you know how I make out.

IMc

bpivk pointed out that I did not need the .rpm at the end of the yum remove.
I am suitably ~ :oops:

Offline imcintyre

• +0/-0
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2007, 04:19:46 AM »
Okay so I got v1.4 installed and working. Thanks for the rpm and the help troubleshooting.

A couple of questions
When I create the admin password, does this wipe out the admin/admin username/password or do I need to check the box that says "Delete all existing SQL accounts, groups, ACLs and preferences (normally not necessary)?"

I went into phpmyadmin and find the egwuser with usage permissions. Earlier in the post there was an instruction to add the alter permission to this user. I have zero expertise but I can figure out how to do it. What about the why to do it?

Thx in advance

francois.mdlh

« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2007, 01:09:31 PM »
I had the same problem. I tried in Internet Explorer and it seems to have worked.

Offline imcintyre

• +0/-0
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2007, 07:13:38 PM »
Francois;

Sorry but "you had the same problem" not sure which problem you were referring and how IE solved it?

Ian

francois.mdlh

« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2007, 08:52:04 AM »
i couldn't get the admin login to work in Firefox

Offline smiit

• +0/-0
« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2007, 04:52:14 PM »
Greetings:

Thanks to all here for the SME Egroupware 1.4 contrib work/help.  I am getting a couple of errors maybe you could help with:

After yum localinstall I get:

-snip-
Migrating existing database yum_repositories
ERROR 1054 (42S22) at line 11: Unknown column 'lock_tables_priv' in 'field list'
ERROR 1133 (42000) at line 1: Can't find any matching row in the user table
Decompressing files...
-snip-

Rest of installation looks clean - but after first login for config-admin, Step 1 - Simple Application Management and Step 2 - Configuration, they don't appear to be configured correctly.

The Wiki suggests these might be filled in by the rpm during installation - should I be able to just go right to Step 3 and create the Admin Account?

I can create the admin account with the matching SME admin/password but Egroupware doesn't appear to pull in the SME Users - only the Admin user exists and can log in - do I need to set the LDAP settings a particular way or, again, is this automated?

Thanks for any help you might be able to provide.

Cheers