Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

[Announce]... Er... Loads of Asterisk/SAIL stuff

Offline SARK devs

• +1/-0
    • http://sarkpbx.com
« Reply #90 on: August 02, 2007, 12:45:01 AM »
Hi rezo

This looks like good work.  Drop me an e-mail and i'll get the necessary file objects etc to you.

jeff@selintra.com

Offline Rezo

• +0/-0
« Reply #91 on: August 11, 2007, 04:57:10 AM »
excellent! i sent an email out, looking forward to your response :D

Offline lightman

• +0/-0
Re: [Announce]... Er... Loads of Asterisk/SAIL stuff
« Reply #92 on: August 17, 2007, 01:05:37 AM »
Hi
I don't know if this is the proper thread for this, but since we all are talking asterisk here :)

I have the asterisk 1.4 working without the selintra package (command line thing :D ), with a TDM400 board.
asterisk works good but I have 2 serious problems.

1) my PSTN Provider 50% of the times doesn't understand what I dial, and I get incorrect number, reorder, you name it, and it's completely random, and watching at the console the dialed numbers are correct.

2) when I talk via the PSTN (using the TDM400 card) I have a high pitch, short duration tone, (about 1Khz, 200ms) it repeats at random intervals from 1 to 6 seconds throughout the entire conversation, I don't have to say that this is most annoying thing!.
this doesn't happens when I talk from 1 sip phone (polycom 301) to another phone (SPA-2102 for ex), only when I go through the TDM card

one other thing, sometimes, when I access the voicemail, the audio eats small portions of the phrases, (like if you shrink the conversation, I don't know how to explain it) may be it's related to the TDM card.

any ideas?
I'm using SME 7.1 , and Asterisk 1.4.1.8-i686

the machine is a ASUS K8V-MX (Via K8M800) with sempron 3000 skt 754, 512MB ddr 400 kingston, digium TDM400 2x FXO modules.

Could it be the chipset?, I don't think that sempron 3000 is not enough to attend 2 PSTN and 6 sip phones, but i could be wrong :)

please help!, I try to tune echo settings, turn on/ off , enable jitter buffer in zapata, but nothing changes.
replaced the motherboard by another one (same model) and power supply, but still the same noise/dial problem.

My next move if I can't find any solution is to complete replace the computer and go to something like intel D945GCCR, but if I can avoid the cost would be great.

thanks
lightman

Offline SARK devs

• +1/-0
« Reply #93 on: August 17, 2007, 09:05:56 AM »
Hi...

You don't say what country you are in or who your telco is so it's a bit difficult to advise you further.  However, I would suspect that you may have the card impedance set wrongly for your country.

S

Offline lightman

• +0/-0
« Reply #94 on: August 19, 2007, 07:15:13 AM »
Sorry, I'm in Argentina, the telco is Telefonica

I don't think that this is the case as I have an almost exact software configuration (actually this machine is a COPY (I copy the scripts from the working one), same TDM card, the only difference is motherboard, processor and memory, al the rest remain the same of the machine that it's actually working perfectly.

but again, I could be wrong :D
where should I set impedance parameters?, I have never seen those in the zaptel.conf, I thought that it would be a world wide standard (was that naive? :D )

[UPDATE]
Replaced the motherboard with a D954GCNL with core duo processor, and DDR2 memory and the problem seems to stop, so it seems that the problem is that DAMN TDM400 card that doesn't like cheap motherboards :lol:
however D954GCNL is not well supported in centos 4.5 as a result, I have lots of problems with the nic cards, so I have to switch to another mobo.

in the mean time if you have any tune/mod i can do to test in the machine that has problems would be great.

also I've tested switching from ATA to SATA drives, the annoying high pitched tones reduced but they are still present when using the cheap mobo (via + sempron 3000).

thanks
Light
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 07:24:12 AM by lightman »

Offline SARK devs

• +1/-0
« Reply #95 on: August 19, 2007, 12:25:40 PM »
Hi Light

It looks as tho' you've proved beyond doubt that it is indeed a hardware issue, but it isn't one we've ever seen.  But the's not surprising, we pretty much standardize on Intel chipsets and CPU's for our mid-range stuff and VIA Nehemiah for our embedded systems and we don't have problems.

To set the impedance for your board you must make a small change to /etc/init.d/asterisk...
Find the following code at or around line 124

Code: [Select]
             /sbin/modprobe wctdm    # opermode=$COUNTRY

Change it to...
Code: [Select]
             /sbin/modprobe wctdm opermode=ARGENTINA

Stop asterisk and unload wctdm and zaptel with rmmod.  Alternatively, if you are unfamiliar with lsmod/rmmod, simply reboot your machine.

As to other things you can do with the TDM...

You can tune it to your phone lines by running fxotune which will run a series of echo tests and place the output into a file which can be loaded at run-time.  SAIL can do all of this for you.  Simply press STOP in PCI Cards and the fxotune buttons will appear.  Press tune and go make a cup of coffee (it takes a while to run).

You can run OSLEC or HPEC advanced echo cancellation.  Both are excellent.  If you grab and install smeserver-asterisk-zappri-MPP-1.2.13-1.i686.rpm, then this rpm has OSLEC fitted as standard.

For those interested, the valid list of "opermode" settings for the TDM400/800/2400 is...

FCC
  TBR21
  ARGENTINA
  AUSTRALIA
  AUSTRIA
  BAHRAIN
  BELGIUM
  BRAZIL
  BULGARIA
  CANADA
  CHILE
  CHINA
  COLUMBIA
  CROATIA
  CYRPUS
  CZECH
  DENMARK
  ECUADOR
  EGYPT
  ELSALVADOR
  FINLAND
  FRANCE
  GERMANY
  GREECE
  GUAM
  HONGKONG
  HUNGARY
  ICELAND
  INDIA
  INDONESIA
  IRELAND
  ISRAEL
  ITALY
  JAPAN
  JORDAN
  KAZAKHSTAN
  KUWAIT
  LATVIA
  LEBANON
  LUXEMBOURG
  MACAO
  MALAYSIA
  MALTA
  MEXICO
  MOROCCO
  NETHERLANDS
  NEWZEALAND
  NIGERIA
  NORWAY
  OMAN
  PAKISTAN
  PERU
  PHILIPPINES
  POLAND
  PORTUGAL
  ROMANIA
  RUSSIA
  SAUDIARABIA
  SINGAPORE
  SLOVAKIA
  SLOVENIA
  SOUTHAFRICA
  SOUTHKOREA
  SPAIN
  SWEDEN
  SWITZERLAND
  SYRIA
  TAIWAN
  THAILAND
  UAE
  UK
  USA
  YEMEN

Offline Rezo

• +0/-0
« Reply #96 on: August 19, 2007, 08:19:23 PM »
hi selintra,

I've sent a few emails over the last couple of weeks to the email address you posted but havent received a reply yet. Not sure if they weren't delivered properly or if you havent had a chance to get back to me. If possible please send the info you wanted to share with me to tjojunk-sme@yahoo.com

Offline SARK devs

• +1/-0
« Reply #97 on: August 19, 2007, 08:39:17 PM »
HI Rezo,

We sent an intial reply.  I can only apologies if you didn'r receive it.  We're still working on a best fit solution for you.  Reply in a few days

Best

S