Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

amavis-ng unpacked msg's. How to inject ?

Offline Confucius

• +0/-0
« on: April 24, 2007, 03:34:05 PM »
As the title already tried to make clear, in the map /var/spool/amavis-ng I have a bunch of e-mails that were unpacked with in each map the file email.txt and a sub-map parts (containing a file called 000000).

After searching the web and forum I have found all kind of instructions how to (re)inject messages placed in problems and/or quarantine but nowhere there is any information how to process these half processed e-mails.

Is there anyone that has an answer to solve this ?

Harro

Offline warren

• +0/-0
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 03:15:47 PM »
Harro,

This is what i had always used on 6.0.1

Where Do Quarantined E-Mails Go? Quarantined emails will be quarantined in /var/spool/amavis-ng/quarantine

When an email is caught you will recieve and email notifying you of this.
You should go to /var/spool/amavis-ng/quarantine and inspect the quarantined files regularly.
Each message will be kept aswell as a log per message as to why each email was quarantined.
You should delete any definite virus emails and their logs.

If an email has been quarantined by mistake, you will need to inject it back into the system.
You need to bypass the virus scanner of course, so you will need to do the following:

Download and install the following rpm:

qmail-bsmtp-0.1-1.noarch.rpm
<http://www.pagefault.org/download/rpms/RPMS/noarch/qmail-bsmtp-0.1-1.noarch.rpm>

rpm -Uhv qmail-bsmtp-0.1-1.noarch.rpm

Now if you have a quarantined msg you want to resend, called /var/spool/amavis-ng/quarantined/3ee1dc05-6bc9.msg your would run the following command:

/usr/bin/amavis-inject /var/spool/amavis-ng/quarantine/3ee1dc05-6bc9.msg | /usr/bin/rsmtp

You can then delete the quarantined email and logfile:

rm -f /var/spool/amavis-ng/quarantine/3ee1dc05-6bc9.*

Warren

Offline Confucius

• +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 03:23:25 PM »
Warren,

Thanx for the reply but you misunderstood the problem.

The messages are left in directories with names like amavis-unpack-<number>

This is different from the problem or quarantine directories. This is in the directory above those. It's the common way from amavis to unpack, process and remove after sending...
The problem I have is that the process never finished on those e-mails.

Harro

Offline Confucius

• +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2007, 04:49:24 PM »
Used /bin/mail to send all mail to the clients. binaries (attachments) can always be asked for again. Maingoal was getting people informed again.

For me this issue is no longer important now.

Harro