Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Fresh from Windows Server 2003

Offline CharlieBrady

• +3/-0
« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2007, 05:35:52 PM »
Quote from: "EveningJazz"

Thanks but I really don't need two NIC's but I wanted to be alble to configure them if I did for gatewayy mode

If you have two NICs you *can* configure them, if you choose servergateway mode. If you don't choose servergateway mode, there is no need to configure two NICs.

Offline CharlieBrady

• +3/-0
« Reply #61 on: April 05, 2007, 05:41:32 PM »

Server is in gateway and server mode and it does recognize that I have two nics. I just cannot find them to change them.

What do you want to change?

For one NIC, the LAN NIC, you can set the IP address and netmask.

For the second NIC, you can choose

- static IP (as for LAN)
- DHCP
- PPPoE

The correct drivers to use is already decided for you.

What more do you want?

EveningJazz

« Reply #62 on: April 05, 2007, 05:51:36 PM »
Quote from: "CharlieBrady"

Server is in gateway and server mode and it does recognize that I have two nics. I just cannot find them to change them.

What do you want to change?

For one NIC, the LAN NIC, you can set the IP address and netmask.

For the second NIC, you can choose

- static IP (as for LAN)
- DHCP
- PPPoE

The correct drivers to use is already decided for you.

What more do you want?

You don't get it either

Offline CharlieBrady

• +3/-0
« Reply #63 on: April 05, 2007, 06:16:52 PM »

You don't get it either

You are either stating the obvious, or insulting me. I'm trying to help you. I don't know what you want, so I ask. Either answer my question so that I can help you, or go away and use the software developed by somebody else, and insult them, if you must.

EveningJazz

« Reply #64 on: April 05, 2007, 06:25:07 PM »

You don't get it either

You are either stating the obvious, or insulting me. I'm trying to help you. I don't know what you want, so I ask. Either answer my question so that I can help you, or go away and use the software developed by somebody else, and insult them, if you must.

I am going away thanks

and I did not insult you.

I need to go now thanks to all that helped sincerely :wink:  :D

Offline jdavey

• +0/-0
« Reply #65 on: April 05, 2007, 08:09:04 PM »
OK,

I've received tons of support here from helpful users for years (since the forums were hosted by Mitel back in the 4.x days). To have access to the developers, and contributors is a fantatsic benefit of using oss. Clearly Evening Jazz cannot comminicate what he wants to accomplish, because like so many WINx users he's used to seeing the GUI for changing anything. It's simple:

Server Gateway - 2 NICs : 1 for LAN 1 for WAN
Everything else is simply 1 NIC for LAN (or you can bond 2 nics to one IP - this works great!). you cannot add a second NIC for LAN in Server or Private Server mode.

Telling Charlie "he doesn't get it  either" is like poking the Pope in the eye. If it weren't for Charlie and Gordon's efforts over these many years, we wouldn't have SME at all.

Listen, we all want you to succeed with SME, but you need to make an effort to understand how it works. If you cannot communicate what you need, or understand the capabilities and limitations of SME, then no one here can help you, no matter how much we want to.

SME is a tailored application / appliance that can do several things but not EVERYTHING that a WINx server can do. If you need it to do something else, research other users' solutions, or build it yourself.

I am greatful for the efforts of the Developers, contributors, and users. SME inspires me to find and build solutions instead of just buying a solution. The trade off is that it requires some EFFORT on your part to make the solution work for you.

Offline bpivk

• +0/-0
    • http://www.bezigrad.com
« Reply #66 on: April 05, 2007, 08:32:24 PM »
jdavey and Charlie don't bother with this guy. I sincerely doubt that he even read the manual.

am going away thanks

and I did not insult you.

I need to go now thanks to all that helped sincerely Wink

You have said that in three or four posts (go and count them) so i really hope that you keep your word and that this is the last post from you because all your posts were abusive, insulting and confusing (not necessarily in this order).

So good bye and don't let the mouse hit you when you click X.
"It should just work" if it doesn't report it. Thanks!

Offline p-jones

• +0/-0
« Reply #67 on: April 06, 2007, 02:51:44 AM »

What more do you want?

Someone to read the manual for him, read his mind and give him a ready configured box to some unknown specifications.

I have to wonder if he became a Windows 2003 expert overnight and without any books.....or without reading the manual.

eveningJazz, try the lemon test with your server- suck it and see......and RTFM....

Offline bpivk

• +0/-0
    • http://www.bezigrad.com
« Reply #68 on: April 06, 2007, 12:52:22 PM »
eveningJazz, try the lemon test with your server- suck it and see......and RTFM....

p-jones i suggested that in every single post i wrote and i doubt that he did what we told him.
"It should just work" if it doesn't report it. Thanks!