Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

PowerGrade through SME

jladdm3

PowerGrade through SME
« on: March 22, 2007, 03:14:42 PM »
Does anyone happen to use PowerGrade accross a firewall? We use PowerSchool and PowerGrade in our district grade school, middle school, and high school. PowerSchool currently works for everyone. Teachers at the middle school and high school can connect PowerGrade to the PowerSchool server (located at the high school, with an external IP address), but the grade school folks cannot. The grade school is running sme 6.01, the other schools are not running a firewall. We are getting "An error occurred when attempting to contact the PowerSchool server: Authentication attempt failed -2014" I'm guessing that this is probably a firewall thing. There is an SME Linux router at the grade school, and maybe a port is being blocked or something? I'm not a firewall wiz, so any help or pointers in the right direction would be appreciated.

Offline bpivk

• +0/-0
    • http://www.bezigrad.com
PowerGrade through SME
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 03:53:25 PM »
Authentication attempt failed -2014

This is usually a wrong username/pass issue. Firewall would just give you a "This page can not be displayed" error.

I could be wrong but i have never experienced a Authentication attempt failed error because of a firewall (i won't even start a discussion about lost passwords  :lol: ).
"It should just work" if it doesn't report it. Thanks!

jladdm3

PowerGrade through SME
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 04:11:43 PM »
i dont think its a password or usename mistake, it happens when i first set up powergrade, its the very frist step that says enter the ip of the powerschool server. and i enter it correctly. and thats what i get for an error.

Offline bpivk

• +0/-0
    • http://www.bezigrad.com
PowerGrade through SME
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2007, 04:33:38 PM »
Did you try forwarding the ports you need for connection?
AFAIK This issue could be because SME intercepts your request.
"It should just work" if it doesn't report it. Thanks!

jladdm3

PowerGrade through SME
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2007, 04:42:57 PM »
yeah i have a port forwarded to the ip of the powerschool server.