Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Wordpress database access broke

Crome

Wordpress database access broke
« on: August 10, 2007, 06:06:10 PM »
Hi,

After the latest yum update, my wordpress site isn't working any longer. I get an 'error establishing a database connection'.

Strange thing is that I checked the user in /opt/wordpress/wp-config.php (which says DB_USER=wordpress) but I only find a user 'wordpressuser' in MySQL and not a 'wordpress' user.

Does anyone know if the latest updates brake or reset anything concerning wordpress? I do have the dungog repository enabled in yum.

Offline raem

• +4/-0
Re: Wordpress database access broke
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2007, 05:25:18 AM »
Quote from: "Crome"
in /opt/wordpress/wp-config.php (which says DB_USER=wordpress) but I only find a user 'wordpressuser' in MySQL.
I do have the dungog repository enabled in yum.

Check your yum log files to see if the worpress package was updated.
Mysql users should not change unless you or  the application change it. If a "new" wordpress was installed/upgraded, then perhaps it reconfigured settings automatically.

You could change the user in wp-config.php to what you believe it should be and see if it works.

It's better to disable "other" repositories than those recommended by the developers (in the FAQ), no nasty suprises then doing official updates. You can run specific commands to update from specific repositories when required using the enablerepo command.

Here's an example from Dansguardian contrib/howto

Alternatively you can add the dungog repository
The following command will configure the Dungog repository on SME Server.

/sbin/e-smith/db yum_repositories set dungog repository \
Name 'SME Server 7 - dungog' \
BaseURL 'http://sme.dungog.net/packages/smeserver/7.0/i386/dungog/' \
EnableGroups yes \
GPGCheck no \
Visible no \
status disabled

After adding it to the database we have to update the changes to the configuration file:
expand-template /etc/yum.conf

Install dansguardian and it's dependencies
yum --enablerepo=dungog install smeserver-dansguardian dungog-blacklists

To view available updates
yum --enablerepo=dungog list updates