Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Can receive mail but cannot send external email

Offline edb

• +0/-0
« on: March 13, 2007, 11:54:33 PM »
Everything was working fine until I did a yum update to get the DST fix as someone indicated on this BB.

Since the update I can no longer send mail externally, internal works fine.

Before I noticed this issue I had a call from one of our branch office employees stating that they could no longer access webmail.
I thought I had fixed that problem by doing a restore of the "horde" directory as before the restore no one coluld logon due to only receiving a blank page and after the restore the logon was back to normal.

So whatever broke webmail also broke the sending of external email.

I see all the messages in the queue since Friday and I need to fix asap if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks in advance ...

BTW I disabled SA just in case but that didn't do anything.

Offline cactus

• +3/-0
    • http://www.snetram.nl
Re: Can receive mail but cannot send external email
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007, 09:04:01 AM »
Quote from: "edb"
Everything was working fine until I did a yum update to get the DST fix as someone indicated on this BB.

Since the update I can no longer send mail externally, internal works fine.

Before I noticed this issue I had a call from one of our branch office employees stating that they could no longer access webmail.
I thought I had fixed that problem by doing a restore of the "horde" directory as before the restore no one coluld logon due to only receiving a blank page and after the restore the logon was back to normal.

So whatever broke webmail also broke the sending of external email.

I see all the messages in the queue since Friday and I need to fix asap if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks in advance ...

BTW I disabled SA just in case but that didn't do anything.
  • Did you upgrade per server-manager? If so did you hit the reconfigure button?
  • Did you upgrade per terminal shell? If so did you do:
    Code: [Select]
    signal-event post-upgarde; signal-event reboot
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than its worth ~ Baz Luhrmann - Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen)

Offline edb

• +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007, 02:29:56 PM »
Thank you very much for the reply cactus!!

I did do the update from a terminal so the commands you suggested seem to have done the trick although I can see the message queue incrementing downward verry verry slowly.

Maybe it is doing DNS lookups or something for it to take so long to leave the queue.

Anyway, thanks again for your help on this I sure appreciate it.

edb