Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Help with posting

Offline imcintyre

• +0/-0
Help with posting
« on: February 23, 2007, 03:10:23 PM »
I would like to be able to copy and paste to posts results I get when I run some code when I putty into my server. If I select the text and then right click my mouse I get the text I want but the putty runs the text as though I had type the command. I'm sure that this will mess things up eventually.

How do I copy and paste from putty window?

Offline cactus

• +3/-0
    • http://www.snetram.nl
Re: Help with posting
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 03:24:42 PM »
Quote from: "imcintyre"
I would like to be able to copy and paste to posts results I get when I run some code when I putty into my server. If I select the text and then right click my mouse I get the text I want but the putty runs the text as though I had type the command. I'm sure that this will mess things up eventually.

How do I copy and paste from putty window?
Select the text... goto windows notepad for instance and press Ctrl+V.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than its worth ~ Baz Luhrmann - Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen)

Offline raem

• +4/-0
Re: Help with posting
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2007, 03:47:48 PM »
imcintyre

> How do I copy and paste from putty window?

Run Putty in a Windows window.
Right click on the little icon in the top left corner of the window, then select Copy All to Clipboard, then paste into whatever Windows app you are using.

Offline imcintyre

• +0/-0
Help with posting
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2007, 05:32:54 PM »
:oops: "F" me gently  :oops:
I should've been able to come up with that, but it was late and I was struggling with my USB drive and dar2. Expect a post on that shortly...